1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

13, female, and confused.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dragonsofonyx, Sep 16, 2016.

1. dragonsofonyx

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When I was young, I had tons of crushes on boys. I didn't know that people could be attracted to the same gender - although this might have been due to my Christian family, but I remember always thinking my friends were really pretty. Ever since I've discovered that people could be with the same gender, I've been really confused.
    Am I just hormonal? Is this real? I can see myself dating a guy, but I can only ever imagine myself marrying a woman.

2. perpetuality

Is this the real life?/ Is this just fantasy?/ That's the thing's you need to check./ To figure out your sexuality./Look round EC./And talk with the community/ You'll see/ It can take a while/ or maybe many miles/ cause you're the one/who'll ever know/a little thinking/ little talking/ anyway it's not tell but show/ that's the one that really matters to see~\

:eusa_danc -your sexuality

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, dragonsofonyx, as perpetuality poetically indicated, it may take time to understand your sexuality. Many of us start to understand our sexuality when we reach puberty, but it sometimes takes many years to fully understand and accept our sexuality - especially if it is other than heterosexual. Your body will ultimately be your guide. Do you get excited (tingly/aroused) over boys or girls or both? Your mind may fight your true feelings for a while if you've been raised to believe that being anything other than heterosexual is bad or immoral or a sin, but your body is saying it's attracted to girls or both boys and girls. But there is no hurry. Give it time. You were born the way you are and whatever your sexual identity, it is totally natural and you will come to understand and accept it.

Take Care!:slight_smile:

#3 Quantumreality, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  4. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's alright to be be confused. I've been through the small town religious family thing. Trust your feelings first. Welcome and enjoy EC.

5. Halfwayout

Out Status:
    All but family
    In a way, you are super lucky. It took me until I was 21 to be asking those exact same questions. the fact that you're quite young means you have plenty of time to figure it all out, and we're all here for you xxx

6. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really want to hear this set to music.

7. ghostly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey! I'm a 13 year old female as well.
    The way you feel right now is actually exactly how I felt before I realized I was a lesbian.
    I realized that my previous "crushes" on boys were actually a result of compulsory heterosexuality.
    Anyway, don't worry about it too much! You'll eventually figure your sexuality out. You're still young, there's no rush. :slight_smile: