1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not quite sure what I am anymore.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by GibberingMaw, Sep 18, 2016.

1. GibberingMaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have a dilenma so to say. I've always seen myself as a straight male. But, I am attracted to traps,transsexuals,trasgenders and even sometimes feminine men. Masculine men I am not attracted to. So I am wondering, am I as straight as I think? Am I bi? I'm not quite so sure anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Lightsaberpearl

Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay before I answer your question I want you to know that "transgenders" and "transsexuals" are considered problematic phrases. The correct plural for "transgenders" would be transgender people or trans people. Transsexual is considered an outdated term nowadays so you should only use the term if someone says they identify as transsexual. (I'm not trying to call you out or say you're a bad person I'm just trying to educate you so please don't take this the wrong way)*

Since feminine men are men, then yes you've experienced attraction to men and aren't as straight as you think. When you say you're attached to trans people do you mean trans men? If you do then you've experienced attraction to men and aren't as straight as you think you are.

So you could be bi, maybe with a presence for women since my understanding that your attraction to men doesn't happen to often. There's also the label "heteroflexible" which means you would experience mostly attraction to women but there's the very rare exception in which you're attracted to a different gender.

I hope this helps you :slight_smile:

* you also mentioned the term "traps" which I've never heard of before so I couldn't really answer your question there

3. september sun3

i think that was answered very well. But everything is state of mind ,gender issues no different. But somedays i question my self, even after all these years .

4. GibberingMaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm not quite sure. But perhaps it is a whole nother shebang. I would never claim to understand this whole sub culture/word usage stuff. But I do know that it isn't just women I get attracted to 100%. That is all I could say.

5. sapphiregirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi Gibbering,

Sure, you might be bisexual. A lot of people find comfort in identifying as bisexual and that is completely fine. In my opinion, you might be. However, remember that sexuality is a very fluid thing that always has the ability to change throughout our lives. You don't have to use a label if you don't feel comfortable doing so.

There is no rush to 'figure out what you are' - just go with the flow and see how you feel. Take your time. If you find yourself feeling more and more attracted to men, then it is completely up to you as to how you wish to identify. There is no pressure.

All the best to you, my friend. I know how confusing it can be!

#5 sapphiregirl, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016