1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I call myself bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Nightdream, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have been questioning a lot my sexuality in these years and I became comfortable calling myself bisexual for a while, but now I'm confused about one thing: Why I don't want to get sexually involved with any guy?

I know that there is some possibility for me to be a "late bloomer" for the males, but even with this in mind, I don't understand why I feel repulsed to the idea of getting into a relationship with males. I am able to find men attractive, I am able to get sexual fantasies about them and yet, just imagining myself being romantic with men doesn't sound even close to appealing... Can I still call myself bisexual or am I a lesbian?

2. PrettyinPunk

You can call yourself whatever you want. Labels are more for you if you choose to identify with them. People often refer to the Kinsey Scale with post like these. I know some lesbians have said that while they can find guys attractive and not be completely repulsed by them sexually they would never be in a relationship with a guy. So yes you could identify as lesbian if you feel like any sort of relationship is non functional with a man.

You could also be bisexual with a strong preference for women, or if we're getting technical maybe biromantic /homosexual. Either way whatever you feel comfortable with is up to you, and remember there's no pressure to fit yourself in a box.