1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denial, Rationalization? Questioning, could use some advice

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mcpie92, Sep 22, 2016.

1. mcpie92

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello,
    I just joined this site after looking around for a few months. I'm a 24 year old woman who has identified as straight for most of my life. There was a period when I was 17 when I also questioned my sexual orientation after kissing my female friend, but I was dating a guy at the time and just chalked it up to a one time thing.
    I've always dated men, but found sex with them just "okay" and about a year ago, after living with my (straight) female friend I started questioning my sexuality. I wondered if I was jealous of her boyfriends because they were with her (romantically) and I wasn't, or because they were hogging my bff (haha.)
    Anyway, I downloaded a dating app and went on a date with a girl, we didn't click, but I can't shake the anxiety that I might like girls.
    I have heard lots of stories about people who have always known they are LGBT, since they were young, but I've only heard of one woman who didn't realize she was a lesbian until she was in her 20s. I just feel anxious and like I can't identify as anything because I've never been with a woman. I keep going back and forth with the "am I or aren't I" thing and I hate it. Can anyone offer words of advice, or personal experience? Thank you in advance.

2. PrettyinPunk

Hey I didn't know I could be into girls until I was in my early 20's, some folks just take the slow route. :grin: You can identify however you want, you don't need experience or proof in order to do so.
    I can understand that it might be daunting to not get immediate confirmation on your sexuality but just go one step at a time. I'd keep on meeting with more women and just be honest with them and yourself and see how things turn out.

Welcome to EC btw!:smilewave

3. mcpie92

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you, I appreciate that! :slight_smile: