1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl Crush vs Lesbian Crush

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wolflover, Sep 23, 2016.

1. wolflover

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey guys, how can you tell the difference between a girl crush and a lesbian crush. There's a girl in one of my classes that I think is really pretty and she's super nice and I know I wanna be around her more, but I can't figure out if I'm attracted to her and want to be her girlfriend or if I just want to be her friend.

Any tips and advice are welcome!

2. mousefire

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can't say for sure but that could be a lesbian crush. Crushes take many forms, and thinking someone is attractive and nice and wanting to be around them is one form. Even if you don't want to be her girlfriend, it could still be a crush - a crush doesn't automatically mean you want to date them, sometimes people develop feelings they don't necessarily want to act on.

Tbh the term "girl crush" is what helped me lie to myself about my crushes on girls. I would be like "oh, I just want to be like her! and I think she's cool and want to be her friend! The fact that I look at her Myspace pictures sometimes and get nervous around her doesn't mean I have a crush on her!" Only you can decide what your feelings are but it's good to make sure you aren't in denial - if you do have feelings for someone, you should enjoy it instead of repressing it. And also, if it turns out you just want to be her friend, you can enjoy that too!

3. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I heard some straight people can feel attraction to the same sex too, but sometimes it's not really sexual attraction. You'd have to see if you feel jealous and want to do romantic/sexual things with your crush. That's my opinion on it.

Here's a link that might help a bit: Am I Gay - 8 Signs Your Girl Crush Is More Than a Crush

4. oh my god I

Yes I would think romantic/sexual desires /outright physical attraction are probably the most common difference.

It's not weird at all to just want to be connected or closer to someone that you aren't actually romantically attracted to.

5. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ooooh this is a hard one. The battle of "Do I want to be her? Or be with her?"

My advice would be just imagine yourself in romantic or even sexual situations with her. Are you attracted to the idea because of the person itself? Then it's probably a lesbian crush. If they only seem appealing because of the idea of intimacy or don't seem appealing at all, then it's probably just a girl crush.