1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird friend/attraction thing.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Renegades, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I'm in a very weird situation. I have a straight friend, B. I fell for her hard last December, and I managed to suppress those feelings till they faded. When I first became friends with her, she had just ended a close friendship with this girl Pam. Both were in color guard for marching band last year, so that's how I know them both. I had never really thought anything about Pam until this marching season. I kind of ignored her because B didn't like her. Then this year comes along and I have been interacting with Pam more just because guard hangs out in the same areas I do during rehearsals. I've become friends with Pam, which feels like a betrayal to B. And now I'm pretty attracted to Pam physically. She is totally my type, despite being straight. Being attracted to Pam makes me feel even more like a bad friend to B. And one of her good friends Sonya also happens to be my major crush. I have altered plans with some friends just to see her, so I can tell that this is a serious crush. I can tell B is a little bit confused on why I have spent more time with Pam than I usually do, and a little less time with her. I am not very sure how to talk to B about stuff like this. Any advice? I know the situation is fairly complicated.

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she's straight, it's probably not the best idea to get too attached or hang out with her as often. It can end in heartbreak or just simple disappointment. A little bit of detachment is what you need, like you did with B.

Tell B the truth. It can help her understand that she alone is not the issue. I don't think she would feel betrayed about this, but I wouldn't know.

3. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If you're talking about Pam, then I'm not sure how much becoming little detached will work. She has a bunch of solos and they are always right in my line of sight, so let's just say I become even more gay by seeing her dance. And Sonya I know is bi and I think more into girls than guys. So the only things I'm worried about on that side of things is talking to her, and not making my friendship with B awkward if something does happen between me and Sonya. Which I think might happen, cause there is definitely chemistry between us. But last time I got close to a girl I had chemistry with, she friend zoned me big time. I don't want that to happen again, so it's one of the other reasons I haven't pursued Sonya more.