1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by the rainbow rat, Sep 25, 2016.

1. the rainbow rat

I need help with my sexuality. So…here goes...

I find girls waaay more attractive than guys. I also don’t find guys ‘hot’ - I get turned on by the idea of being with a hot girl in a bikini. I love staring into a girl’s dark brown eyes, and touching and hugging girls gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

One time, at a sleepover with 3 girls, my best friend and I were going to sleep on the floor in an airbed. While the host was getting the blankets and stuff and I was alone with the other girl, and I felt a tingling feeling (I think it was lust?).

I’ve also on more than one occasion had a spontaneous fantasy about being sexual with a girl - I have never had one of those with a guy. I welcome the thought of spending my life with a beautiful girl, and being intimate with her.

However, I can also be aroused by men, but I don’t have any desire to be sexual or intimate with them.

I feel like marrying a man and being with one all the time would be horrible, stiff and awkward (but I don’t know if this is because of the fact that I have no friends that are boys or not).

As YuriBunny said on another post, people can be turned on in any circumstance, and I think this is true with me.

Also, when I was 9 years old, I remember saying that I wanted to marry my best friend and thinking that a girl was cute, although I kept insisting to myself that it wasn’t ‘in a weird way' (I wasn’t 'educated' then, sorry!).

I also remember saying about the former, ‘Does that mean we would be lesbians?’ (I have no idea how I knew about lesbians then, but that leads on to the next point).

I also turned to Wikipedia to google ‘LGBT’ (maybe that’s how I found out about it). Now, I don’t know the order of these events (or if they’re relevant to my sexuality).

Even though I know all of the evidence adds up to me being a lesbian, sometimes I feel like I’m floundering and unsure…when I write out my feelings like this, I feel in order, like I really am a lesbian, and I feel comfortable with that label..is it that I just need time and doing things like this to get used to it, or am I not a lesbian at all?

This is basically all of the evidence I think (oh, and on top of all this, I’ve been experiencing my first real ‘crush’ on anyone, on one of my - female - friends). Sorry for the long post, I tried to separate the paragraphs so it wasn’t too hard.

Please reply ASAP - I’m not in a rush to come out at all, but I’ve already come out to my brother (truth or dare, I’d been talking about my female crushes and he asked me if I was bi, I assumed he knew and started talking about my gayness later) so I don’t want to leave too long a gap in case he lets some stuff slip and all that.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

P.S - I'm 13 years old

#1 the rainbow rat, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  2. the rainbow rat

Okay, maybe this bit was a little too descriptive, but you get the point :lol:

#2 the rainbow rat, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016