1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About my best friend

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by GSJSol3, Sep 28, 2016.

1. GSJSol3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've got a close friend I've known for years and we recently came out to one another. It was a moment - one where I couldn't believe my best friend was going through something exactly like I was (I've been in the closet) and we didn't know about it. Life's crazy like that. We have known each other for a long time - around 6 years.

To the point.... I'm feeling recently like I've fallen for him. We've both never been with guys before and agreed it'd be wierd for us to... Try it.. He wants to meet someone and start a relationship. But at the same time of acknowledging itd be wierd - we also acknowledged that maybe the door could be open for us to maybe get together. We talk all the time - play video games together - talk about Gay things - basically we've been major supports for one another now more than ever - as a friend we love one another greatly.

I think the reality is that if anything ever happened it'd be more than a hookup - it'd be the end of our friendship in the sense of there'd be no escaping the feelings (at least for me) and the start of a new relationship. But - I've not said to him I 'like him' yet.... And he hadn't to me either. I just hate to think about the possibility of losing a good friend.. but part of me says it's a risk worth taking. One to possibly be with my best friend... it's crazy but also maybe at least worth asking.

Anyone else been in similar spots? Advice?

2. Dmenterix

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't know, that's risky. Let's say that something happens in your relationship, that's the end of a 6-year friendship. I wouldn't ask him out if I were in your position but if he asks you, accept, because denying him could do the same thing.

3. Darthsam

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same thing happened to me about 2 years ago we were best friends since we were kids and when I told him I was going to live my life as a girl he told he was gay and we were in a relationship for almost a year then we broke up it was devastating not only did I lose my boyfriend I lost my best friend be careful