1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100% heterosexual/homosexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dudette, Sep 28, 2016.

1. dudette

Can you be 100%, ultimately, completely, absolutely, all the way, to the max homosexual/heterosexual???

Sorry for asking, but I have been thinking about this question for a while, and I want to know what other people think/experience because I have observed that sexuality is fluid (for some people more and for some less). Or is it possible that I live in denial (of other sexual orientations) and this fluid experience is only what bisexuals are able to experience?

2. SystemGlitch

I think it's possible. Most people have the capacity to be with someone outside of their preference. That doesn't mean that they will definitely meet that one person who ticks all their boxes despite being a different gender than they are normally attracted to, it just means that the possibility is there. However, I can still see there being people who will never, under any circumstances, find attraction to someone outside of their preference for whatever reason - maybe being extremely repulsed by the idea of intimacy with another gender which makes attraction completely unable to develop, or being attracted purely to features that are stereotypical of a certain gender (such as a very curvy frame and very round/soft features; usually associated with women and unlikely to be seen on men), for example.

In short, any person of any sexuality can experience some element of fluidity. It's not all black and white. That doesn't mean that every person of every sexuality will experience fluidity, though. Like most things it just depends on the person.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

3. mousefire

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's absolutely possible to be 100% heterosexual or gay. As a lesbian I get upset when people insist people who are 100% gay don't exist, because they're saying that I don't exist. Sexuality CAN be fluid, but tons of lesbians get told that because sexuality is fluid they shouldn't rule out men and maybe they just haven't found the right guy yet and it's annoying. Just because sexuality is fluid for some people doesn't mean it isn't for everyone.

4. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find it hard to be completelly heterosexual/homosexual, but I believe it's possible. Many people experience fluid orientation and can still call themselves straight/gay/lesbian with this variation. I do believe that there's a line between a straight/homosexual person with a same/opposite sex attraction/activity experience and a bisexual person though, but that's something only the person experiencing it can tell.

5. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It has taken me a lifetime to finally understand myself, but I can definitely say that I am 100% homosexual. I have ZERO desire to be with women. I do have experience with women though, just no desire.

6. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. I am 100% homosexual.

The only feelings I'm capable of with men are platonic friendships. I have never been sexually attracted to a man. I would never sleep with a man. I've never fallen in love with man. If I do have "deeper feelings" for a male friend, It feels very brother/sister like. The same feelings I have for my real brother.

Fluid people exist. But rigid people also exist. The whole everyone is fluid is annoying as hell, especially since it mostly only targets lesbians.

I realize that kinsey said that 90% of people have a fluid sexuality. But that's not 100%. It's 90%. Which means a population of rigid people would technically exist, you know? They'd just be a minority. 97% of rapists are also men, but that doesn't mean that It's impossible for women to be sex offenders, nor is it okay for us to mock or choose to not believe someone who says they were assaulted by a woman. Ok, I realize rape and sexuality aren't the same thing at all, I'm only making the comparison because of statistics and lack of belief toward people who follow the minority of those things.

If you are fluid though, there is NOTHING to be ashamed of. And you don't have to identify as bi if you don't want to.

#6 Creativemind, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  7. dudette

Thank you for replying!!!
    I am sorry if it was a stupid/ignorant question.

#7 dudette, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  8. Sydney9teen88

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Same. I recently got out of a marriage with a man (my best friend and beard that got WAY out of control and we had TONS of peer pressure) and since our divorce, I'm not hiding the fact that I'm gay anymore. People constantly tell me "You just weren't with the right man." and "When you find a man you really love, it'll change". Ugh.

9. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's possible, but not common. I still believe that MOST people fall somewhere on the bisexual spectrum, but there are plenty who are completely one or the other.

And falling on the bisexual spectrum doesn't mean they're bi, per say. Having the potential to be attracted to, doesn't mean ever actually being attracted to, if that makes sense.

10. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sure it exists, but yeah, probably not too common. Maybe more common than kinsey suggests though. I'd think like 80% of people have some wiggle room in their sexuality, especially now that society is more open minded towards sexuality in general. I consider myself 100% heteroromantic and 90% heterosexual. Since I would prefer not to act on my slight bisexuality, I still consider myself straight, especially since I have 0% desire to be involved with men romantically.

11. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It definitely exists. I really don't know how you could observe otherwise.

12. Darthsam

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im 100% gay I've never been attracted to girls

13. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think there are many people who legitimately identify as completely homosexual or heterosexual, and we have to perfectly respect that. However, I don't think it's a silly question you raise. Given modern research, as well as accounts on sexuality in different cultures and epoch, and I think a lot of people are in fact able to experience attraction to both genders. You may never have experienced it so far, but that isn't to say you never will. This also seems to be the cultural direction we are headed to slowly. One poll in England recently showed that over 50% of 18-24 year olds mention that they have had some homosexual feelings, whereas people of older generations experience much less, which I think shows the cultural aspect of sexuality:

Half of all young people in Britain are at least a little bit gay, survey finds | The Independent

14. Cinis

Cinis Guest

The question was neither stupid or ignorant. Asking a question itself is in a way the opposite of ignorance as you take time to try and understand something instead of simply assuming things. Questions are never stupid a community that refuses to answer them is. So thank you for asking I hope you have gotten a good answer.
    Wouldn't that make you straight then? Not trying to be condescending but that's how it is most commonly used.

#14 Cinis, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2016