1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polysexuals/romantics: How do you define your orientation?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sasu, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Sasu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've seen a lot of people talk about this and I'm just interested to see how polysexuals or polyromantics define their individual orientation.

I identify as polyromantic because I have a strong preference for girls but I know I wouldn't really mind dating someone of another gender, it' just very vague and non specific in my mind. I won't know how I feel about it unless I try it (I've only ever had a girlfriend.)

I'm interested to hear your responses!

2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welll... I'm not poly, I'm pan... But... I think everyone has a preference lean to some degree. For me my preference often fluctuates like my gender, but there are some days where I'm more into guys, and there's some days where I'm more into girls. Some days I could go for either. Or other genders, not to exclude them. I mean, it's not like I like everyone at once. So there's often a preference lean, and that's not always a daily thing. I might go through a period of time, say a month- where I'm mainly into guys... or vice versa. Maybe that's similar to what you're talking about?

3. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm bisexual, not poly, but I'm probably able to like more than just two genders. I know that I can feel attraction for men, women and non-binary people regardless of they being trans or cis. I have a prefference of masculine looking people, but I would date feminine people too. I'm still not sure about my romantic orientation. I'm probably homoromantic or bi/panromantic if I happen to feel romantic feelings for non-binary people too.

4. blackwolf62782

Out Status:
    Some people
    I am pansexual and genderfluid. When I am attracted to someone, their gender and sexuality don't really come into play. But some days I'm more attracted to men, some days women. Some days I'm attracted to more feminine men, some days butch women. But really, if I found someone who was open and understanding of my being genderfluid, that persons gender wouldn't matter at all to me.

5. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd love to answer this thread but I'm kind of lost for the meaning of terms used in here.
    All I know is that I'm inlove with a man, still fantasizing about women(not all women)

Made out with a girl once. Didn't really had the opportunity to explore things.
    I could've really fallen hard for any gender so long as I felt there was connection and love.

What does that make me then? Help with the definition anyone?

6. Sasu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you find yourself attracted to people regardless of gender, I'd say that would go under pansexual but you can really use whichever term you feel comfortable with.

7. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi sasu,

thanks :slight_smile: what if it was 60:40 F:M ratio? Anyway I'm really not familiar with these terms geeze, sorry. :slight_smile: thanks again!

8. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :eusa_doh: It means your sexuality...sexual fluidity I prefer to say; you are 60% female (straight) and 40% male (gay). It's just the composition some people use to determine their inclination.

9. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh thanks lora. I forgot to place 60% that I fancy women( but not all the time) and 40% attraction to males.
    I can imagine intercourse with both too so I guess i'm really bisexual. Although I almosy fell for a gay friend in college, but I got over that. I guess it was the emotional connection.

10. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like the idea of calling myself more biromantic but really..eventually it will lead to intimate sex especially when there's already an established chemistry and emotional connection. So I decide that I am bisexual.

11. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What does biromantic mean? I make it really obvious I'm new here don't I.
    Does that mean you can be romantic to both genders? As the term suggest? boink...

12. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being romantic with someone else mean merely romance (cuddling, sweet talks, companionship, kisses, etc). It doesn't include being sexually attracted. Not going to that level. Some people are like this, especially the asexual biromantics. Now, I said asexual because they are the ones who do not feel any sexual feelings. It's a bit tricky but they exist:icon_bigg.

Bisexuals include sexual attraction. And yes, both genders since we're using "bi." That's just semantics!

13. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh I see! :slight_smile:

Then I am biromantic first then bisexual second. I guess. I don't feel anything when I see a woman's private parts really. I get more turned on by male parts. But if there is a story, and emotions are involved then I kind of like that more.

Hmmm I actually realize many things, thanks for your patience.

14. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Same. But if there's a nice and attractive woman who would come to me and want to skip the chit-chat, I wouldn't shilly-shally. I like spontaneity anytime.

15. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmmm I think I would too. Haha but dunno really because it hasn't happened to me so can't say for sure.

Thanks again cheers!