1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning Tween

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by 1776, Oct 2, 2016.

1. 1776

1776 Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Basically I'm a 13-year-old questioning female and I want to know how I can confirm my sexuality without experimenting or anything. It's driving me insane, and I just want to find a label that fits me.

#1 1776, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey 1776,

Welcome to EC!

First of all, take a deep breath and relax. This is about you and yourself, there is no need to rush to any conclusions.

Think about your attractions. When thinking about women, do you feel attracted to them? Sexually and romantically? What about men, do you feel attracted to them? When you imagine yourself in a relationship, do you think you could be happy with a man or a woman, or you would be happy with any of them? When you fantasize, do you think about men or women?

Again, my greatest advice for you is: stay calm. You don't need to pressure yourself or rush to any conclusions. Take your time :slight_smile:

3. 1776

1776 Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you! I'll think about those things. Really, this has been a huge help!

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem! We are here for any questions you might need, just ask!

Also, you can check our Resources, there are lots of information there that might help with some questions!

5. Wolfwing

For me, I figured out my sexuality by first figuring out which gender(s) I find attractive. Then figuring out if I'd be interested in dating someone of that gender. So these are just a few things to try to figure out before you come to a conclusion because if anyone knows about jumping to conclusions too soon it's me. For example, when I first discovered my same-sex attraction, I assumed I was bisexual and even came out as that, but then I realized that I was wrong.

6. shootingstar

shootingstar Guest

Hey there, when I was 13 I was really closeted, hadn't even come out to myself yet (and wouldn't for a good few years). I realised that I was a lesbian because I could only ever imagine myself in a relationship with a woman/ marrying a woman, I'd have crushes on girls that would give me butterflies etc.

Most important thing I can stress is to just let yourself be, don't over-analyse your whole life, and give it time. You will work it out in the end, just like I did.

Good luck!

7. ghostly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey! I'm also a 13 year old female.
    Honestly, just don't sweat it! After I started questioning my sexuality, It took me almost an entire year to figure out that the label that fitted me was lesbian. I understand how frustrating not knowing your orientation can be. I still doubt my sexuality sometimes. So, it takes a while, but don't worry! You'll find the label that fits you.

Also, here are some links that might help:

9 Things I Wish I Knew While Questioning My Sexuality | PRIDE.com

Q&A: Questioning Sexuality • The Center for Sexual Pleasure & Health The Center for Sexual Pleasure & Health

https://s16.postimg.org/mi2me2311/Untitlllled.png

8. 1776

1776 Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, thanks for all the help! I'm looking into pansexuality at the moment, do y'all know where I can find something on that?

9. B a r e f o o t

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One hot summer day when I was 15 years old I saw a boy who was 13 with his shirt off and my sexuality and sexual preference was confirmed. He became my first boyfriend.

10. ghostly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  11. 1776

1776 Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Let me get this straight: there is a sexuality, polysexuality, which means that you can be attracted to girls and guys but not nonbinary/trans people, or attracted to guys and nonbinary people but not girls, or any combination of them? Is that the actual definition of polysexuality or am I getting something wrong?

#11 1776, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  12. ghostly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    yeah, that's about right.

13. RavenWing

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! I'm 13 as well and confirmed my sexuality this year. I had been questioning my sexuality since I was around 10 years old, lied to myself about my sexuality, and then finally came to terms with being a lesbian this summer.
    I did a lot of research on different sexualities and tried to pinpoint exactly what I was attracted to. When I was 11-12 I passed my sexuality as being bisexual because I knew for certain that I like girls, but I wasn't prepared to admit to myself that I wasn't attracted to boys anymore. I dated 3 guys during that period, and that was the worst thing that I could do, even if it did help me realize that I'm homosexual.
    It takes time to find out who you really are, but you'll get there. Just try to find out what exactly you're attracted to and do research about different sexualities, attractions, and etc.
    Good luck on finding out who you are! Questioning your sexuality is the first step to finding who you are! (*hug*)

14. 1776

1776 Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you all so much! I'm polysexual.

15. pizza is good

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    confuzzled

i am a 13 year old girl and very confused... I probably seem very queer to all the girls in my school, but i think i may be lesbian or bisexual. I want to make sure because I don't want to explain anything to people when i'm wrong, but i feel in my heart that i only like girls or i'm queer. I lie to my friends about people i like, i switch their gender, but do i really like them? I honestly don't know. :help: I want to hide it but i also want to be comfortable in my own skin, like i can't breach the gap between queer and tomboy, like i'm always on the queer side with no medium. please help:help::help::help: