1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homoromantic?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Nightdream, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay... So, I do experience romantic attractions towards females and it should be easy for me to tell if I feel the same for guys, right? Yeah, maybe. It still makes me question if I'm really biromantic or homoromantic and I'd like to know if you have knowledge on it. Some advice, I don't know... I just know that I never had any crush on men and that I feel a far more sexual attraction for them. It could be a phase, maybe?

2. TheGreyBetween

I had a post all ready, but the website did something wonky and it didn't post and instead disappeared . . . so let me try again!

It seems to me that sexuality and romantic attraction can change throughout a lifetime, due to maybe more in depth soul searching, lived experiences and acknowledgement of what is preferred. I have a hard time believing that anyone is 100% one way or the other anyways.

Just to be clear on what you wrote, are you saying you never had a crush on men but you have a more sexual attraction towards men? If so it could be that you're homoromantic, but heterosexual. In that case, that could be difficult since those are two opposite ends of the spectrum.

For myself, I think that I am largely homosexual but heteroromantic, which again, is difficult. I don't consider myself polyamorous (tried to be at one point; discovered that's not for me) either, so who would then be my ideal mate as a genderqueer but mainly female assigned person? I suppose another genderqueer person, a transperson, or a male-presenting female would be ideal. However, I'm currently involved with a self-identified cisgendered heterosexual male whom I love but our situation is unique. So one can make it work if one is in love and devoted to your person enough.

I think with time and experience, you may get a stronger sense of who you're attracted to sexually and romantically. It may just take some exploring internally and out.

Hope that was helpful!

3. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't say that I'm homoromantic heterosexual as I do feel sexual attraction to women. With men, it's complicated. I can't recall having a sexual attraction towards men that was strong enough for me to desire sexual interaction with them, but it happens so often that I ended up by considering being bisexual. The reason for me to think of myself as homoromantic is mostly because I cannot feel comfortable thinking of myself getting into any kind of romantic relationship with guys.