1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any thoughts about this??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by jenne, Oct 8, 2016.

1. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i've been thinking about something weird lately.. but i don't know how to explain it!
    is same sex attraction different from homosexuality? because i think that if i was a guy i would be gay.. i find gay relationships so exciting (i mean with gay women too) and when i see a straight couple it feels like something is wrong like they don't belong to each other..and i feel the same think when i think myself with a guy.. like we don't fit! something similar to what straight people think about gay people..
    is this normal? i don't think it is! i would like to hear your thoughts :grin:

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a difficult question to answer and depends on the situation.

Technically, I'm gay and I like straight couples. They're cute as fuck. So are M/M and F/F couples. No preference really. But I wouldn't be in a straight relationship because It's not my attraction or interest. Kind of a turn-off.

I think disliking the idea of straight relationship in GENERAL, is more of an extremist view that doesn't really correlate to actual homosexuality itself. Some gay people like straight couples (as long as they're not involved), some straight people hate seeing straight couples (think yaoi fangirls), some gay people are just put off by seeing straight couples because they grew tired of heteronormativity.

3. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeha I currently have this weird warped thing in my head where sometimes straight couples seem like such an odd concept to me.

4. oh my god I

I think that is a little unusual. Not necessarily wrong but definitely unusual.. not sure how serious of a feeling it is for you. Normally when we are secure in our identity it doesn't bother us for people to be different than us.

But then maybe it's just because you're gay that being gay is something you relate to more? That would make a lot of sense as well. Like, you just don't see yourself in straight couples so it doesn't do anything for you.

5. ghostly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I experience this too! I keep thinking that if I was a guy I would be gay. Something about straight couples just seems odd to me.