1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I feel sexual attraction?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by aintmyfault, Oct 9, 2016.

1. aintmyfault

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I will start out by saying I'm a 20 year old female.

I was out clubbing with my friends, I had a little to drink so I felt buzzed but not drunk. Suddenly I met this guy and we started talking, I thought he was cute and charming. He put his arm around me and we were walking around and I noticed a hot sensation down where my vagina is. I also enjoyed him touching me and didn't want it to end. I have never felt like this before, I see myself as asexual. Did I experience sexual attraction/urges that night? And why do they show up when I drink and rarely sober? And also does this mean I fancy guys sexually?
    I see myself on the asexual spectrum but I'm not sure about my romantic attraction, I think I'm into girls romantically. I can't seem to figure out my sexuality.

Lesbians of EC, have you ever been sexually aroused around a man or enjoyed a man's company that turned you on?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like sexual attraction to me. You might be closer to the straight or bi spectrum (depending), but it might also just be a one time thing.

I'm a lesbian, and no I have never been sexually aroused, sexually attracted, or sexually enjoyed a man's company. It would be like being aroused around my own brother. Sounds too weird to imagine, but then again, I'm a 6 on the kinsey scale.

#2 Creativemind, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  3. aintmyfault

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That's interesting. But why do I rarely feel sexual attraction to men when I'm sober? My first crushes as a kid was on boys, but then I crushed massively on a girl in HS.

I don't know what my sexuality is because my sex drive is so low so I rarely feel sexual urges. I feel so, so confused right now. Is this how it is to be bisexual? I wish I a 0 or 6 on the kinsey scale.

Also a question: as a teen, I was interested in hetero sex and the male anatomy so to say. Were you ever 'excited' over hetero sex and male anatomy as a teen? Because I thought this was standard for most girls when they went through puberty.

#3 aintmyfault, Oct 9, 2016
  4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it honestly just depends on the person. Some people just have lower sex drives and lower sexual interest in people in general. I think a lot of people have this false idea that sexuals are horny all the time and are attracted to people constantly, but it honestly varies.

I'm a "homosexual woman" but I don't feel sexual attraction very frequently. The last time I felt it was over a year ago, when I had a crush on my best friend. Most of my sexual feelings are based on people I trust, have befriended, and am close to because I "personally" value personality and values over looks when it comes to arousal. So because of that, It's rare for me to like people as I do not like strangers that much.

My sex drive is low too, but part of that has to do with being on birth control for several years. So I don't know if this would change if I left the medication. If you're not on medication, are not depressed or stressed, then for you it just might be a natural occurrence.

Though that's not to say you can't consider yourself asexual spectrum either. A lot of people use "gray-asexual" in your case. Actually, I think most people would consider me "gray-asexual" too (or specifically demisexual/demiromantic in my case) but I personally choose not to identify that way. So whatever you choose to identify as is your business.

5. aintmyfault

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So you never become aroused by people you don't know? That sounds like me when I'm sober! That's why it's confusing that I got aroused when I was drunk by a stranger...even if he was charming and cute. But I don't think I would become aroused by him in a sober state of mind.

6. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope I never would be aroused by a stranger.

Another thing I'm wondering...maybe the alcohol just made you feel things you normally don't feel? I've seen straight men get drunk and then willingly sleep with men, even though they wouldn't sober.

7. aintmyfault

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Absolutely. But it felt good being touched by that guy. I was surprised by the reaction of my body, actually. I was like uuuuh, I feel sexually aroused right now. But it feels so good.

#7 aintmyfault, Oct 9, 2016