1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay and Bi guys, help I need perspective

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by daniel27, Oct 11, 2016.

1. daniel27

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all,

I've been questioning for years and going from feeling straight to feeling completely gay. Think the happier and more comfortable I am within my self the more my same sex feelings come to the surface. Anyway I've started to see a psych (gay himself and self affirming) to help me finally get to the end of this journey that's been turbulent at best.

Doing an exercise where I need to write how my life would play out in 3 scenario's of being gay, bi and straight but really need some perspective from people that actually live that way. So the question is how would you sum up living life as a gay/bi man?

Thanks in advance.

2. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi daniel27 :grin:

Welp, being bi is just as being gay, straight or anything else. It's just different as for the people you may love/have sexual relations with.

That's pretty much it, seen from far away.

Also, I don't want to help you too much, as it is YOUR exercise, I won't do everything for you :wink:

3. HuskyLover

This is not anything we really could help you with that much. You're supposed to write down how YOUR life could play out over 3 years, and only you can figure that one out. We can't guess how you want to live your life, so if we were to suggest anything, it's gonna be how we want our lives to turn out, which wasn't the point of the task you are doing.

However, I agree that a gay life necessarily doesn't have to be any different from a straight one.

#3 HuskyLover, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  4. daniel27

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for your replies. Just trying to get more of a perspective to be able to write it as. My psych did recommend reaching out as my entire idea of how life would be is based on TV and media which aren't always the best indicator.

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey daniel27,

Perhaps if you could present us with an initial draft of your thoughts, we could ask relevant questions that could focus you and help you dispel myths...?:slight_smile:

6. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well daily life as a bi guy isn't drastically different from anyone else's... I mean I check out both girls and guys, which I find amusing when I do simultaneously (eg. in the tube, I might see a guy who is hot, then I'd look away and see a girl who is hot). That's not to say I find ALL people attractive, for the record. Also, imagining myself as either gay or straight is somewhat hard for me, simply because I can get attracted to men and women (though I'd probably feel attraction towards people in-between too). I would talk about dating people of different genders though it's not like that happens on a day-to-day basis so...

That is pretty much all I can think of off the bat. Could you give us examples of scenarios that you want us to give our perspectives on?