1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi or lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by aintmyfault, Oct 20, 2016.

1. aintmyfault

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I need some input from a lesbian here. I'm pretty sure I'm attracted to women because my attraction is stronger to women than men. However, Ive had crushes on guys since I was a little child and I remember getting aroused by seeing guys without shirts or penises. But what strikes me is that I rarely notice men in my every day life? Like on rare occasions I see a hot dude and feel attracted to him, whereas I seem to find a much broader range of women attractive that I feel attracted to/excited by. So basically, I get aroused and excited by a mans personality, touch or something else that isnt connected to visuals while I get excited just by a woman's appearance. Does this mean that I'm not attracted to men or what? I remember getting aroused excited over a mans appearance when I was younger and it would be as strong as my attraction to women are now, but has since changed. I still get giddy over a mans personality and if we have chemistry I'm hooked.

I still dont know if I'm bi or lesbian.

2. Blinko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    most probbaly bisexual/biromantic if i were to categorize...but at times labels are just things that restrict us from enjoying a maximum sexual or romantic lifestyle

#2 Blinko, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  3. Mifora

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is me too. I am more visually attracted to women, but I can feel sexual attraction to men if I like their personality. Then I start having a lot of sexual thoughts, sometimes also romantic thoughts, but not always. For now I think I identify as bi, but it can be confusing because it feels like different kinds of attraction. Not sure it helps, but you are not the only one.

4. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have another weird mix in that I can be aroused by a man's touch but personality definitely lies with the girls. I find lots more guys good looking but generally I'm more likely to feel focused attraction towards a girl. Guys even if they are attractive, I totally appreciate it but I wonder how I would choose one good looking guy from another.

Tbh we probably all fit under Ethernet bisexual label but then it's up to you to decide if you have a preference within that.

5. Mifora

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm glad to hear that the "weird mixes" are not that uncommon. When i was a teenager, I thought of myself as "straight with a few exceptions" or something like that. Then I met my partner, and for a few years I was not attracted to ANYONE else, and I know this sounds naive, but I thought it would never change. We still have a good relationship, sexually and emotionally, but other than him I find myself attracted mostly to girls and then a few guys. I don't want to act on those attractions, but I still want to understand them so I can be honest with myself and others.

If we were 100 percent straight or gay, I guess we would still feel attracted to different people in different ways. Sometimes it would be mostly physical, sometimes it would be more emotional, and sometimes it would be caused by looks, personality or both. Maybe what we feel is not that different, except it involves different genders.