1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help. Very confused.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Bellac, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Bellac

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hello I'm an 18 year old girl and currently in high school. My best friend is a lesbian and she kind of has a girlfriend too. I have always been attracted to guys and I'm sure I'm straight and I have a boyfriend whom I love very much.

But since recently I've been having sexual dreams about my best friend. Kissing her and stuff and I'm really confused. Does this mean I'm bi?? Please help.

Thanks.

2. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A dream doesn't necessarily mean you're gay, as dreams are mostly just amalgamations of the subconscious. However, if when you reflected on the dream you felt that you deeply enjoyed it or were excited and wanted that to happened in real life, or if you suddenly find yourself thinking about acting out these sexual things with your friend, I think the possibility could be there. But even then, action and attraction are two different things somewhat- you can imagine something would be nice or act out sexual situations with someone, but then end up feeling nothing or feeling disgusted and not actually be attracted to them. So it really depends. But to answer in short, no, just having a sexual dream about someone doesn't automatically mean you're gay. Imagine having a sexual dream involving a guy that you know you're not attracted to. It may have happened in your mind, and you may be attracted to guys, but that doesn't suddenly mean you're attracted to him, you know? Same applies with other genders.

3. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

Honestly, the was one of the first signs for me . Dreams... later i found i was gay.

But - maybe you are just processing something else. Like maybe one time she wondered what it would be like to kiss you when she was looking at you, and you felt it - then processed the feeling in a dream

Its OK - human sexuality is complicated. What matters is you just be yourself

Take it easy- relax. Time will tell. and either way -its OK - this is all normal, and its all OK :slight_smile:

Take care!! :slight_smile: