1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this possible? I need advice please.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by RainbowsFactory, Oct 22, 2016.

1. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I have realised that I am sexually and physically attracted to men (so I'm gay) when I was around 12 years old however, I have had a few crushes on women before. I have fallen in love with two but only for their personality.

I was just wondering if in the future, could I date a girl and not regret it years later? I am not sexually attracted to women at all but, I don't care about that if I truly love the person for who they are. I just don't feel any will to even kiss a girl. Thank you for reading.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey RainbowsFactory,

You can date whomever you want. If you were to date a girl, but would never have any sexual desire for her, don’t you think it would be best to be up front with her so that you aren’t misleading her in any way from the start? Are you saying that perhaps you would even consider marrying a women even though neither of you will likely be sexually satisfied in your relationship? In fact, if you wouldn't even want to kiss her, that would seem to preclude pretty much even basic romance in such a relationship, wouldn't you agree?

Is there some specific reason that you would consider such a relationship instead of just making a woman (or women) such as you described a really good friend?

Take Care.:slight_smile:

3. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you very much! :slight_smile: Now that you have stated it, I've realised that I can just be really good freinds with a girl. Thank you! :grin:

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad if I could help, RainbowsFactory. Just try to remember to be yourself. Being gay doesn't mean you cut yourself off from the opposite sex. On the contrary, you can actually potentially be better friends with women because there won't be any sexual undercurrent to possibly complicate your friendship. Plus, your bf won't have any reason to be jealous of your female friends (well, not in terms of thinking you might be cheating on him anyway, LOL!).:slight_smile:

#4 Quantumreality, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  5. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you and yes, he won't be jealous haha!