1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians when you check out girls to look for the same things hetro males do?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Shasta, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    Like body, breast etc.

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope....I think most lesbians are turned off by what typical straight men like. Hence why the male gaze gets It's term.

I'm not attracted to random strangers like that. Some lesbians are visual and check out boobs, but some straight women also check out package or ass. It's an individual thing.

3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, I'm not a lesbian but bi.

I don't know. I think I'm attracted to the same things as men. But see: my gender description.

4. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Nah I'm pretty sure many girls who like girls are totally into these things, it's more about the context in which they put these things. Like, its harder to completely objectify women when you also directly empathise with them. That doesn't mean that these bodily attributes aren't attractive to you.

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hrm, I don't think so. Just like how gay men and straight women prioritize different things, have different "types", and relate to men differently. You don't see a plastic surgery craze in the lesbian community, do you?

There's a reason why eating disorders are more common in those who are solely attracted to men, and they put a lot more effort into their looks. Total opposite for those only into women. A lot more casual/flexible/negotiable.

6. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely not, well except makeup but, I go for mad makeup skills on any gender.

Maybe it's age but, I don't care what body you have now, someday you will loose it, it's a shell you wear and, I'm more interested in the person inside that shell.

7. GayNarwhal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's probably different for every lesbian (or bi person, etc.) and every straight guy. Personally, I don't really "check out" women in the way I imagine men do, but am definitely drawn to faces and just their general presence more than boobs/bums (what I'm imagining men are going for).

8. CoconutOilLady

As a feminine lesbian who is into feminine women, I personally do not feel the need to stare at random women let alone boobs. (In contrast to what is expected for hetero men to like in women, I do not like huge boobs)

I find that I always need to get to know more about the woman, witness her personality before I develop any feelings at all. But there is also a component of physical attractiveness that must be involved in order for this to happen.

I will look at their face, hair(usually long) and general body shape.

Just to add I also strongly agree with SHACH: it is very difficult to objectify women who you also have the ability to relate to/empathize with (for me anyway)

#8 CoconutOilLady, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  9. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't objectify people as a rule, at least I think so. I can't really tell what I find attractive, but in order for me to be attracted, the person has to look good to me. I know I have something on the point of: hair, boobs, butts. I sometimes check out before I realise I'm doing it, and it makes everyone think I'm lesbian. I dunno, for me it's either good looks or I'm plain and simple not attracted.

10. Jaymiah

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, it really doesn't mean lesbians can't gaze at body parts just because hetero guys do same. One may be temporarily attracted to physical qualities of a lady, but to me, it takes her brain and femininity to captivate me.
    So, I look at her face, body size, way she walks, and yes, her backside.