1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me... Am i a lesbian??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by jgv, Oct 29, 2016.

1. jgv

jgv

I am 16 BTW.

This was a couple months ago,
    "Okay so I have a friend. I am straight.I've always liked boys and everything. But recently whenever I talk to her I get SO nervous and it gets awk! I am never like that with anyone, rarely with guys. I am not shy at all but with her my words get mixed up and I can't even talk right. I am sure I have a crush on her but I can't think of doing any sexual things with her or any other girl. Am I just curious? If I am, I will find out or am I like ??? IDK HELP PLZ

UPDATE: Also, I know I am not a lesbian because I can never imagine myself having sex or any sexual interactions (like I said before) with girls. I am just so confused.

UPDATE:
    Woahh yes. We've both been through a lot (obv. dif. situations) and we can both relate. So I might be emotionally attracted to her? I also trust her because she helps me with a lot of things and she is just there for me."

fast forward weeks later,

So she now has a boyfriend, and it hurt me.... a lot. I don't now why but it made me hate her (I dont really hate her) I am just hurt but if she were to ask me out, I would probably say no... so WTF is this feeling lmao. like, when i saw them holding hands I felt betrayed and I don't even want to talk to her. She acted like she liked me back (a little bit) so idk im just hurt... but i she were to kiss me, I would probably kiss her back and also... I think I am just emotionally attacthed to her.... or could it be more?

2. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You said it in your second update: you *are* emotionally attracted to her. This happens. It's not the same as being gay. It's being human. So naturally it's hard when she suddenly pays all this attention to whats-his-name. She probably knows that you are upset and doesn't know what to do about it... that's the big lessons: most other people are *just as confused* as you.

Now... when you write if she were to kiss me, I would probably kiss her back and also... now that heads into the bi territory. Could you really see yourself kissing her? Could you see yourself moving in with her? Those sorts of things are what count.

Although I really don't like nouns "I am an X or Y or whatever." Verbs are better: I do this or that. Or even: today I do this tomorrow I do that.

3. jgv

jgv

Thank you for that! That's the thing, I would probably kiss her back but can't picture doing anything sexual with a girl at all. Like kiss, OK probably out of curiosity, but I wouldn't want to date her or anything like that.

Also, I think she knows whats up. She gets nervous around me too and now that she has a bf and everything, the vibes are real. I ignore her and she smiles at me but idk what to do.I can't tell her bc she probably doesnt even feel the same way. That would be totally awkward. But before she started dating him, we would talk all the time and I would get so nervous even my words would get all mixed up! I am never ever shy around anyone! Not even GUYS

#3 jgv, Oct 30, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  4. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It sounds to me like you're bisexual (unless you are saying that guys reslly aren't seeming attractive to you - in which csee maybe you are a lesbian). You definitely have a huge attacent to this girl and a certain excited nervousness, plus jealousy... That definitely seems like proper attraction. The fact that you want to kiss her definitely sets it apart from a deep friendship. I think you just need time to get used to the idea of doing sexual things with girls. It took me a bit of time.

#4 SHACH, Oct 30, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  5. Alwyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree that it sounds like you're attracted to and really like this girl. :slight_smile: It doesn't really have to mean anything that you cannot picture yourself having sex with a girl, especially not at your age. As Shach mentioned, it can take some time to get used to the idea. This was certainly true in my case at least. My attraction to girls started with being emotionally attached to a certain girl (a friend of mine in high school) and getting dreams about kissing her.
    If you indeed like girls, you're probably bisexual or a lesbian, depending on how you feel about boys.

I wouldn't worry too much about labels though and just try to go with the flow. You have years ahead of you in which you can explore your feelings and get used to liking girls (and boys, if you also like them). Do you have someone you trust (e.g. a friend, family member or teacher/counselor) and can talk to about your feelings?