1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is There a Term for This?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Blur, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Blur

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello person reading this. I'm out to a few close friends as being lesbian, I have been for a while, and I was pretty certain of it myself. It took a long time for it to settle with me that I like girls, too, so you can imagine how stressed I am asking this: Am I though?

I've only ever felt romantic attraction towards other females. But recently, I've developed the biggest, weirdest, strongest, most platonic crush ever on my very close male friend. Now when I tell you that I am absolutely head over heels in love with him, please believe it. But it's still not in a romantic way. Or a sibling or friend way. I feel the same way looking at him as I do looking at my girlfriend, just, minus the urge to do things like kissing and such. Is there a term the this? :eusa_doh:

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The closest thing I can think of is "squish," which is a term used by aromantic people to describe a platonic crush. Whether it's restricted to the aromantic community or a term everyone uses, I don't know.

It's good you have a good friend like him though.

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Being a normal human being"

I think everyone experiences this at least once