1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm having a hard time determining if I'm demi or ace

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Im queer2bclear, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Im queer2bclear

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A hypothetical model is a handy guideline, but it cannot adequately describe how you truly feel.

If I am interpreting your annotations correctly, you seem to have experienced rare sexual attraction to those you have formed a bond with. Ask yourself whether this was in the past, or if you know you can still experience these feelings. Sexuality does change for some, and it is possible that it has changed for you, but if you still experience sexual attraction every once in a while, you are not asexual by definition.

However, you may still choose to identify as asexual if you believe it truly fits you. Nobody can tell you what you are and what you aren't. If you are still unsure, you can simply call yourself grey-ace and be done with it.

Best of luck.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is little to no credible evidence or research supporting the concept of 'demisexuality' as anything other than a normal part of the ordinary spectrum of human sexual attraction/arousal.

Since the previous poster has (correctly) pointed out that you don't meet the widely held definition for asexually, and assuming that what I said above makes sense to you, it would be my interpretation that you are simply heterosexual or homosexual, whichever fits, with a low sex drive. In an overwhelming majority of cases, even looking at the (poor) research on 'asexual spectrum' people, there are co founding factors-- depression, anxiety, medications -- that suppress sexual arousal.

Add to that the complexities of being trans and I would suspect that most likely you are within the normal spectrum, no special or unrecogniEd labels required.