1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi there, may I have some feedback?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Gabri3l, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Gabri3l

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, basically, when it comes to sexual orientation I definitely have a preference for boys and I could easily fall in love with them both sexually and romantically.

Sexually speaking, I do not prefer girls at all however, romantically speaking, I (so far) have fallen in love with a girl romantically one time--she and I broke up, for lack of a better term, after I came out as trans.

Since then, I have not fallen in love with another girl and for now have only been keeping an open mind to going under the label of biromantic but I haven't fully committed to it (i.e. I'm not yet thinking "yeah, I'm biromantic!"). The reason for this is that I want to get some kind of second confirmation of the sort--like fall in love with a girl a second time kinda thing--as I know when discovering sexuality/romantic orientation people can go through "phases" and etc. But is this the right thing to do? Or should I just go under the label of biromantic anyway?

Thank you so much in advance!

2. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally speaking, I'd trash the labels. Forget them. Picture a river or better yet go to a river bank and watch it flow. Does the water care where it is going? No. You need to do the same thing. What ever comes up, go with the flow and stop obsessing about where it is going.

3. Linkmaste

If it makes you feel better to have a label then by all means use biromantic if it describes you.

However you're a unique person who doesn't fit in one little box. Labels help some but for others it's this huge stress factor that sets 'rules' for the label. I don't believe in them for myself nor so a lot of my friends. I think sexuality can be a fluid fluid thing for some people.

So please don't lose sleep over this.

4. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're young and probably haven't read the psychological info on gay men loving women, and women loving them. There is a whole slew of information out there on why that happens more often than many will admit.

Usually, it isn't romantic love but, it's more than familial love, it's unique and, it takes two people who are secure with who they are for it to happen. Doesn't make the guy less gay or, the woman asexual or gay romantic or anything, it doesn't imply a label at all.

Both usually have other romantic and sexual relationship but they also love each other in a totally gay way - even if she is straight. I know it won't make sense unless it happens for you but, if it does, it's one of the most rewarding, most fun closest platonic relationships you can have.

No a sexual attraction to a female you love, that would be reason to question yourself but, not platonic love for one, or two or three. :slight_smile: