1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thought I was bisexual, now not sure

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by hgov4, Nov 5, 2016.

1. hgov4

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've already had one sexuality crisis, when I was about 14, and I came to the conclusion that I was bisexual. That's been fine for years now, but I recently went to university. Previously to going to uni I had only kissed one person, a female friend, but in the past few weeks I've had sex with two guys and kissed another. The problem is, I don't think I was actually attracted to them, I just did it because I liked getting the positive attention.

Last night (while quite drunk) I started to worry that maybe I'm completely gay, and only thought I was attracted to guys because that's what society has conditioned me to think is right. I now have no idea how to figure out what my sexuality actually is, and it's very stressful because I hate not knowing, and I already came out to family and friends as bi, and I'm worried it will reflect badly on me if I appear to have 'changed my mind'.

2. Silver Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you told your family you are bi, I think that covers all the bases. Think about it. If you never date a guy again, who's to say you're not still bi? Honestly, the reason I say this is because right now, you need to forget what your family thinks and focus on you.

I understand the frustration. While labels shouldn't be important, and we should just be free to love who we love, we want a set answer. We want to know who we are and be confidant in that. Sexuality is fluid, they say, but than that mean it can change, and knowing it can change makes us uncomfortable. Then there's the fact that we ARE conditioned to believe we're attracted to the opposite sex. Now we aren't sure what is real.

My advise? Stop thinking. Forget everything you are expecting of yourself. Forget about what others expect of you. Don't go looking for answers. Just go about your day, without any expectations. You'll eventually find yourself attracted to someone, and it won't have been forced. You'll know because you felt it, and you didn't see it coming.

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ha, I like what Silver said about who's to say. It's like, do you have to wait until your life is all over to finally decide what you "were" back then? Avoid nouns, use verbs. Not I'm bi but I kissed so-and-so today. Of course the important question is: did you get goosebumps?

4. Cantium

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sexual orientation is often best viewed as fluid. So you may have been Bi moved towards fully Homosexual. You may even fingld yourself moving back towards Bi etc. Who you love is your own business so do labels really matter?

5. Asking

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly, I don't think that it matters if you're out as bi. Keep dating girls if that's what does it for you, and if you're like me who places a lot of stock in labels even though it's probably not good, then just keep on going as bi.