1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight, but always questioning...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by xingcaring, Nov 5, 2016.

1. xingcaring

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hi everyone, I am very new here and even very new to the idea of being here. I am a 20 year old female currently in my sophomore year of college. I have always identified as straight and have only ever dated men, but have had the idea of women in the back of my head for a very long time. A little more background, I recently just ended a relationship with a guy after 3.5 years. However, for as long as I have been sexually active (since I was about 14 or so) I have always had consistent fantasies of being with women. I am very physically/sexually/and romantically attracted to men, however, I have always had fantasies of having sex with females (as well as males). I have never kissed a girl before and honestly think I am currently way too afraid to ever be with a girl. I don't know if I could ever see myself actually falling in love or being with a woman but certainly could see myself being physical with one. I have never mentioned these feelings to anyone but my close friends do make joking comments about how they wouldn't be surprised if I was gay (just as a joke because I will admit I am very flirtatious, especially with the only lesbian in our friend group). So basically, I am stuck on whether I am straight and curious or actually bisexual. I know my friends would be supporting but I don't want to jump the gun on anything before I feel certain in my own feelings, which I am trying to figure out and hope to by joining this community :slight_smile:

2. Jmiller85

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am in a very similar situation myself. It's like some days I want to say f it and give it a try, but something always holds me back.

3. seeking

I think time will only tell. People can be in the questioning stage for years (nothing to be ashamed of.) My only advice is to continue to live your life, follow your heart, & have new experiences. You will figure yourself out...the next step after figuring yourself out is acceptance which can take time depending on the person.

Why not get involved in some events at a LGBT center or LGBT club at your college?

Also just because people think you may be homosexual doesn't mean you are homosexual. People can easily guess someone's sexuality wrong and it's not uncommon.