1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexual & Panromantic or Pansexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Spoopy Monster, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Spoopy Monster

So, I'm a guy who's been questioning his sexuality. For a long time now, I've been identifying as Pansexual. But I don't really know if that's entirely true...
    Most people who are bi, demi, pan, etc. have a preference gender, basically just one that they like a little more than the other(s). Mine is definitely male.
    So, I can have a romantic relationship with girls. I can have a romantic relationship with guys too. I could have a sexual relationship with guys. But I'm not so sure I could have a sexual relationship with girls. I mean, maybe I could with the 'right' girl (meaning I might be able to meet a girl that I feel comfortable with in that way), but I would feel much more comfortable in a sexual relationship with a guy. I do feel sexually attracted to girls, just not nearly as much as I do with guys.
    I've been thinking about this a lot lately... I'm not exactly sure why. But I do know that I'm confused.
    Am I Gay, Homosexual and Panromantic, or Pansexual? :shrug:

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd vote gay (which is a synonym for homosexual.)

Though there are a bunch of people who advocate for the "heteroromantic" or "homoromantic" labels, there's no credible evidence, research, or even anecdotal data from professionals to support the idea of a separation between romantic and sexual orientation.

There are, however, lots and lots of gay guys who have close, emotionally intimate friendships with women... which is basically, when you break it down, pretty much what everyone who describes "romantic" attraction speaks about.

If you find yourself liking guys and imagining sex with guys, and not with much of anyone else... then "gay" is probably the right fit.

3. seeking

I agree with Chip.

A deep emotional relationship with someone. You can love someone and appreciate them...that is just called a friendship/family member to me.

But I think if you want to be sexual with someone and gain feelings for them that shows more of a romantic/partner type of relationship in my opinion.

(Now not everyone want to have sexual relations...but to me it sounds like you are a sexually active person since you can have it with men/be fine with it)

4. Romancer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry or think too much about labels...just try to be yourself!

5. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay just going to be blunt here. I've got a few very close gay male friends. Two of whom we can say "I love you." and mean it as more than strictly platonic. And yes, I do have a female body and, yes, I've hooked up a few times with both of those guys. Simply put a back door is a back door.

Doesn't mean they are less gay or anything, just one of those exceptions to the rules that happens sometimes. It isn't always the body your mind sees as the most important thing, sometimes it's the person inside that body and, then, it doesn't take much to more or less ignore the body and find what works.

Yes, the first time it happens to a gay guy, it's a bit of a mindfreak.

So is it any girl, or just a few select girls and, just what do you imagine doing with them? No need to answer here but, your answers will sort a lot of it out in your head. If the mental images are the same as if she were a man, well then, that's an emotional attraction and, you've more or less overlooked the body of that girl. If it is a man with woman thing, then might have a bi or pan streak in there too.

Whatever the case, doesn't really matter what labels you choose, if it works for you, go for it.