1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had a dream I was gay, but it was non-sexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by luke564, Nov 12, 2016.

1. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Are there any straight or curious guys here who have had a dream where they were clearly gay, but the dream itself didn't really feature any sexual contact or activity?

I had one of the most intense dreams last night - I was with a boy (he was my boyfriend, but I had no idea how it came about, and how I had "become" gay) in his bedroom, we were "young" in the dream because it took place in his parents house.

Certain details were fuzzy, but we were just hanging out - acting like silly teens, listening to pop music, sometimes jumping on the bed, or having a pillow fight or maybe even a bit of physical contact, but there was no sex, or kissing or anything - we were just being ourselves and having fun - I had no idea how I had came to have this personality or sexuality, we were wearing outfits from his wardrobe, listening to "girly" music and acting a little effeminate.

I know it sounds silly, but it was one of the most intense experiences I have ever had, I woke up in the morning not just aroused, but actually feeling light headed imagining it to be true, and being in that situation with that personality.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? had a dream about being someone different or having a totally different personality -but then woke up actually feeling sexually turned on?

I wish there were people I could talk to about this sort of thing.

2. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally. One I recall vividly was really awkward when I shared it with the other person in the dream.

In the dream I was his ex, a gay guy, by the way, except I still had my female body. I changed what his ex did, made things good and, we were not having sex, just walking on the beach and talking, playing in the surf and such.

Turned out, the night had had that dream, the other person was questioning his decision to dump his ex and, wishing his ex were more like me. - Weird.

3. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    yeah that is weird!

4. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm glad you've found us to talk to. There are a couple of explanations in my personal opinion
    1) it was just a dream, you're completely straight and you just had a gay dream, I've had straight dreams but I'm almost entirely gay
    2) it's more - you might be bisexual leaning straight, I had a dream I was gay a couple years before I actually realized I was lol. What are you're options to explore this possibility?

I'm not sure which it was. I'm inclined to believed the second because of the intensity of the dream., but it may take time to find out (nobody wants to here that I know). Feel free to message me. ((Hugs))

5. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Can I ask what your dream was about?

Thanks by the way.

6. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi luke564. I had a dream where I was kissing a guy. It must of been a short dream because all I remember from it was me and another guy kissing.

7. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey Jacob,

Can I ask how did it make you feel? Is that the reason you're on this website?

8. Romancer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We still don't really know what dreams are...why we dream, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. On the other hand, if there are other things in your life that make you wonder about your sexuality, it might be good to discuss this with someone else, a counselor maybe? You do say in your profile that you are curious....

9. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi luke564. What I remember the most was that it felt real. The dream was not the reason I joined. I joined mostly because I have a family member who is gay, but I also joined because I was once in the alliance club during high school. I also have a good friend who is gay.

10. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok no worries I understand!