1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotionally attracted to men but sexually attracted to women

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by NYCer, Nov 12, 2016.

1. NYCer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi,

I'm a woman in my 40s and have had a number of crushes on guys in my life and would fantasize about being swept off my feet by them and them taking care of me and being crazy in love with me, but ever since puberty my sexual fantasies have been about 95% about women, I would say 100% women the past few years since my divorce. I've had sex with a few women I was younger but never any serious relationship.

Thanks,
    NYCer

2. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like you're heteramtic homosexual which I'm sure is difficult. Any chance you could find some polamorous individuals willing to work with you?

3. NYCMascMan

NYCMascMan Guest

from one person in NYC to another , hello NYCer! I agree with questions4ever in that perhaps something poly might work out for you! There's a meet up every thursday night for gay/queer/bi people at the stonewall in Manhattan. Some poly friendly people go too.
    Also perhaps finding a transgender man or woman might be something that could work for you? Just a suggestion perhaps?!

4. NYCer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, NYSCMascMan. Does that meetup at the Stonewall have a significant number of women? Sometimes I find that gay events are like 80-90% guys and not worth my time.

Since my posting, I have since developed a couple of mini-crushes on women, so I think I will focus on women going forward. With men, even if he is the best-looking, sweetest, most attractive guy in the world who fulfills all my emotional and intellectual needs, unfortunately I think there will always be the sexual component missing for me.

5. NYCMascMan

NYCMascMan Guest

usually there are some women..it was slow in December cause of holidays I imagine, but I am sure it will pick up in Jan and february. LMK if you want to meet there sometime..can't post contact details here but you can reply here or on my wall.