1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aromantic/demiromantic or just picky???

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by tay98, Nov 14, 2016.

1. tay98

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I just want a little advice. i know i don't need to label myself or anything but i'm just curious.

So i've basically only ever had 1 real crush in my entire life (i'm 18 btw).When i told my friends this they were all really shocked and they've all had heaps of crushes. Basically i've been wondering whether i may be somewhere on the aromantic spectrum??? because there have definitely been people in my life who i have thought are physically attractive or i've wanted to kiss them or whatever, but there's only been one time when i've found someone who i actually wanted to have a romantic relationship with. And this crush only developed after being friends with them for about 4 years and we had a really close relationship. And it's not like i don't want to be in a romantic relationship, it's just that i don't feel that romantic attraction to people.

Any thoughts?? Does anyone else feel this way??

2. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had very few crushes in my life. This is a combination of me thinking I was straight, my mental illness struggles, and my personality. I don't consider myself on the ace/aro spectrum however there have been times when I've wondered. Now you've only had one romantic crush which is still less then me so it's definitely a possibility you fall in the spectrum. Any way it's really up to you. Does that label feel authentic to you? Hope this helped some ... you can always message me if you want!