1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I not as lesbian as I think?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Dingdang, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sexually attracted to some girls and only romantically attracted to others, including my current crush, for whom I have no sexual attraction.

Meanwhile, I have a tendency to think that guys, on average, are more good-looking than girls, though I don't necessarily want to have sex with most guys. If I found the right guy for me (i.e. one with a great personality, accomplishment, and outlook), then I could very well want to be in a relationship with him.

If you are lesbian (or gay), do you sometimes feel the same way I do, or is this more indicative of being bisexual but in denial? Sometimes, I feel like I'm just tricking myself to think that I like guys because I might be ashamed of liking girls, but I don't think I'm ashamed of that.

Some of you might say things like "only you can be sure", and I very well know that. I'm okay if you say that, but I'm just trying to learn about some of your feelings to see if what I feel is more common than I think.

2. Loveislife

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Are you sexually attracted to men?
    It's hard to say if you're in denial, but if you genuinely feel sexually attraction to some men, you're probably not. However, I don't think that just being able to picture yourself in a relationship with 'the right guy' is enough to consider yourself bisexual, because that 'right guy' may not even exist.

3. seeking

I was always the opposite I thought females were more attractive than males.

There were definitely guys I thought were catches...but then when it came to kissing, touching or trying to be something more I had no interest....it was dreadful for me.

Like another user said on this thread..if you are attracted to some males and can go past a friendship (physically & emotionally)....you are probably not homosexual...but somewhere else on the scale.

I remember when I was still trying to accept my sexuality I would try to be with guys and really would force it. I did not look forward to being with a guy or trying to be with a guy. I could care less if I was. I personally believe it would be blatantly obvious through your experiences with both sexes what you are. There are people that know instantly and accept it instantly. There are people that suspect it, but figure it out through experience.

If you have any more questions...I am willing to try to help by sharing my experience.

4. renard

renard Guest

I can totally relate to your experiences being unsure (I still feel I may be between bi and gay somewhere).

I feel the same way, in that I'm open to the possibility that maybe someday the "right girl" could come along and change how I view my sexuality. That being said, I started to accept myself once I admitted that the romantic attraction I've had toward girls tends to be developed over a long time ("forced," if I'm gonna be a bit harsh), and when I'm attracted to guys, it's much more immediate and much more physical (and I don't have to "try" at all). So even though I can sort of daydream or imagine a heterosexual relationship, in reality, it seems my body is telling me that I'm more into other guys.

So basically, I agree with Loveislife. I'm not going to say physical attraction is the only indicator of your sexuality, because it's not. But liking the idea of something doesn't mean you like it in reality, so try to pay attention to what your body is telling you, as well. Maybe you're bisexual to some degree, maybe not. As always, just try to be open and honest with yourself! (It's all any of us can do, right?) Take care!