1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused of sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Landon, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Landon

I'm totally confused. I am mainly attracted to feminine featured men like drag queens, girly men, and gay men. I am also attracted to transgenders, and women. BUT I AM NOT ATTRACTED TO STRAIGHT MEN. So, I'm confused . Would I be considered Pansexual.. even though I am not attracted to straight or nonfeminine men? If not, what is my sexuality??

2. seeking

If attracted to Men, women, FtM, MtF, drag queens, and whatever else under the moon of human expression then I would assume you are pansexual because you are attracted to the person....not what is between their legs or their gender identity.

(looks don't mean much....straight females may even go for feminine looking straight men, but that doesn't affect either's sexuality...looks could be part of gender expression or could just mean nothing
    Same as..
    A gay female may go for a non-feminine/masculine looking woman to be their significant other.)

#2 seeking, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  3. cakepiecookie

I have basically exactly the same preferences - attracted to basically everything except very masculine/"straight-acting" men. Also, I'm somewhat genderfluid, so who even knows how to define it? If people ask, I usually just say "pansexual except not attracted to straight guys", "homoflexible", "mostly into women", or just "queer", but none of them are ideal.

There are tons of terms out there if you care to dig. You could try polysexual (someone who is attracted to multiple genders/gender identities, but not all), gynosexual (sexual attraction towards women or those with feminine characteristics), or skoliosexual (someone who is attracted to genderqueer or non-binary people). The problem is that the average person won't know what they mean, but if you want a label for your own peace of mind then you can probably find one.

Here are a couple of lists of orientations, but there are no doubt others out there:

Genderfluid Support
    The Posh Helpers