1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Confusion

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by CjinNashville, Nov 28, 2016.

1. CjinNashville

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello - I have recently realized that I feel like a straight female in a gay male's body. Realizing this has eased a lot of the anxiety I have had most of my life, but creates a whole new subset of questions about my emotional well being. I am comfortable with my male appearance, but there is a disconnect with viewing the world from a female's prospective while dodging and conforming to the male gender roles. I am very open and honest about my sexual preferences.

Being around women and emotionally open men are always very comfortable for me, but being in the presence of "alpha male" types makes me extremely uncomfortable... especially in the workplace. I don't want to go toe-to-toe with these men. Power struggles feel extremely childish. There is no part of me that wants to compete like this, but I do want to talk to people about their feelings and talk things out rationally. This does not always work.

Therapy is an obvious first step in figuring out how to become completely emotionally open to my true identity. But I wanted to get some insight from people who may have similar experiences. I have been emotionally supressed on a certain level my entire life, but this realization has given me a new insight towards emotional growth. I just don't know where to go from here. Any thoughts?