1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thought I Was Gay But Now Turned On By Opposite Sex

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by WhatsAName, Dec 3, 2016.

1. WhatsAName

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I'm pretty damn confident I'm heteroromantic homosexual, but recently one of my close female friends who I have a crush on REALLY turns me on. Like, I have to take a cold shower after texting her about memes. And I don't know if it's a sexual thing or just romantic. My ex girlfriend would get me hard after a few minutes of intense cuddling, and the relationship certainly didn't end because of a lack of affection on my part. But THIS girl literally makes my pants wet, so I'm kinda questioning whether I'm bisexual. But at the same time, i can't help but think it's my body physically responding to romantic feelings. So I really don't know, and I really want all yall's opinions. I'm just a confused youngster.

P.S. I'm a new user and would like to say "Hello!" Also I think the site's name is awesome, props to whoever came up with that. ^_^

2. renard

renard Guest

Hi there! Greetings from elsewhere in Tennessee, friend!

I would say you should at least be open to these feelings and see where they lead you. While it's one thing to get hard when someone is physically touching you, it's another thing to feel really turned on just from talking to and thinking about someone. So it's hard to know for sure, but you make it sound like there is some amount of sexual attraction by itself here.

Again, just try to be open and honest with yourself! Labels can be a great way to legitimize and explain our feelings and attractions, but don't let that label control how you feel if your body is telling you something different with a specific person. Hope this helps!

3. WhatsAName

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you, renard! I do sometimes get caught up with labels and the such. I'll be sure to keep your advice in mind as I travel this road.

4. seeking

Agree.. Explore these feelings and see where they lead.