1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really confused about my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SeeSawBi, Dec 4, 2016.

1. SeeSawBi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi guys, my name is Luke. I've recently become very unsure about my sexuality

For the past couple of years I've been comfortably bi and have been with men and women but recently it feels to me like what I'm attracted to has blurred. I have recently come out of a long term relationship with a woman and have only now started feeling ready to move on in the dating world. I arranged to meet with this girl I had been talking to and felt interested in but when we went out as planned I just couldn't bring myself to get close to her, and it wasn't me being bitter over my ex it was just not really there attraction wise as it used to be for me. And recently I've been thinking more and more about gay instead of straight relationships and I really feel uncomfortable with how I am at the moment because I feel like I cant progress into anything until I stop doubting who I am. I want to let this girl know how I feel but I just don't feel like I should until I know for sure because I don't want to hurt her or get hurt myself.

Would anybody have any advice for me? I have no idea what to do...

2. renard

renard Guest

I would say, for starters, that if you really feel like gay relationships/thoughts are occupying more of your headspace at the moment, it may be a sign that's more what you need right now. Not saying this for sure, but it seems to be what your body's telling you, from the sound of it.

That being said, I think it's pretty common to have trouble connecting with someone after leaving a long-term relationship, even if you feel emotionally ready; our feelings can have an odd way of burying themselves and resurfacing at inconvenient times, yeah?

Bottom line: if you really think this new connection is worth pursuing, I think it's not a bad idea to be patient with the relationship. But absolutely, you should listen to your body and mind about what you really want and need right now. If that means dating men more than or rather than women, that's totally fine. It doesn't invalidate your identity to reconsider your sexuality, whether you end up changing how you see yourself or not.

Hope this helps! Good luck! (*hug*)