1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by NotSureAboutMch, Dec 6, 2016.

1. NotSureAboutMch

I'm freaking out a bit. The woman I posted about last night just left. (Hitting a wall, posted by me.) We had dinner and talked for hours. We agreed that we can't continue our romantic relationship while I figure out my sexuality. I feel like a failure. I feel alone. And I've for the moment lost the only person in the world that knows my story.

I'm so confused. For others, sexual attraction just works. And I just lost something that could have been fantastic because attraction switches for me. I'll take anything right now. Questions, comments, whatever. I just need to start a dialogue.

2. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey,

Everything will be okay. And I know that is basically the cheesiest thing I could possibly say - but it's true. You are never alone and you have the community here. Remember that for now, a label doesn't matter. While it can be frustrating to not have a specific spot to put yourself in, it's true you don't need to. You could go and live your life and whoever you fall in love with, you fall in love with. Let everything come naturally. Also, this sucks but it normally takes a while for people to figure everything out about their orientation/identity. In the end - it will all work out.

Finally, if she is the only person who knows your story right now, try your best not to lose her. I'd recommend attempting to stay friends (if that would work) while you take this break from your relationship.

Much love and I hope everything gets better for you soon <3

3. NotSureAboutMch

Damn. Just hearing those cheesy words helped a lot Dyl. Thanks for posting. As far as the woman is concerned, we will be friends after a day, or two, or a week. She's not freaking out. We are older, agewise at least, although I feel like an 18 yr old when it comes to this stuff. She and I need time to readjust and I think we'll be ok. I'm just a little out of sorts with all of this.

4. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I totally understand what you mean. I'm glad that you'll be able to be friends again - and I hope that everything works out soon for you :slight_smile:

5. Linkmaste

I understand completely where you're coming form. Feeling like your a newborn kitten with this stuff is common I find and yeah it's a little odd but eventually you're going to figure it out. What's great about this lady is that she's openly communicating you and giving you what she's thinking and feeling.

All in all, labels depend on the person. Some want one, some don't. For awhile, I told myself to forget labels and go with what I needed when I was younger but now it just clicks that Lesbian suited me.

Deep breaths, stay patient with yourself. Answers like this don't come in a day or a week normally. It's the whole journey into discovering yourself we all have to take at some point.

Keep in touch and know you're never alone.

Link