1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay days and straight days

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by romantic rose, Dec 9, 2016.

1. romantic rose

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Does anyone else have days where they are more attracted to men and some where they are more attracted to women? I am currently having a 'gay' day. Could it be related to hormones? My period is due in a few days and I am on the Pill. My pack finished today.

Is it just me?

2. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have those too. I don't really know why, but it's a normal thing for people that are attracted to more than one gender, I guess.

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I experience that to some extent, although I'm not super sure about my orientation, yet leaning more towards gay. But yeah, I recently had a week (the week during my cycle where I typically have a higher sex drive) and just felt super super gay and noticed my same sex attractions a lot more during that time. So this is probably normal. I mean, regardless, if it's what you're feeling, then it is normal because it's real.

4. cakepiecookie

Yep. Sometimes I feel 100% gay, but then randomly I'll find myself being attracted to guys. I don't get it but I've always been like this.

5. renard

renard Guest

I figure this is pretty normal if you're thinking you might be bisexual!

For my two cents: for a long time (about ten years after puberty), at my most honest, I would have said I was bi, because I definitely had "gay days," but they always gave way to "straight days" soon after. I didn't really want to deal with being bi, though, so I just pushed that away and convinced myself I was mostly straight.

Once I finally talked to a therapist about my attraction to guys (I had lied to two previous therapists) and truly admitted that I was bisexual, I quickly realized that I hadn't been that attracted to women in the first place. My "gay days" were just my real feelings coming to the surface.

I'm not saying this is the case with you! I'm just suggesting that you stay as open and honest with yourself and your feelings/attractions as you can. Whatever you do, don't try to fight one kind of "day" or another. If it's what you're into, they're both great!