1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jack221, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Jack221

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have had this question for some time now. My question is, is it simply still just called bisexual when you have both romantic and sexual attraction t'words women but only sexual thoughts about men? I have been attracted to females in both sexual and romantic ways for as long as I can remember but then one day had to accept that I was turned on by the thought of sex with a man as well. I have just been confused about what it would be referred to and if there is a special name for it or some kind of "sub category" in bisexuality for it.

Thanks!

2. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sure you could call yourself bisexual. In fact, it is quite common for bisexual people to have different types and degrees of attraction towards either gender. I for one identified as bi for a very long time, and while I experience sexual and romantic attraction towards women, I only have a very limited amount of romantic attraction to men (and no sexual attraction at all).

You might be interested to know that a more accurate term for your sexuality would be "heteroromantic bisexual", but that really is cutting into specifics.

3. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like AnAtypicalGuy said, yea, you totally can call yourself that.

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, It's still bisexuality

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry about thee "subcategory" names... they aren't widely used, and honestly are usually more confusing for the people around you than anything else.

Yes, you absolutely qualify as bisexual. It's possible you may eventually discover (as many questioning men who are on the path of self-discovery do) that your attractions to men are a lot stronger than your attractions to women, and this, too, is very common.

Many gay men maintain very close emotional connections with female friends. And there's a word to describe this: It's not "heteroromantic"... it's ... "friendship." :slight_smile: Friendships can range from very casual to very deeply emotionally connected.

Now... if you maintain sexual desire + desire for emotional closeness with women, then clearly you're bisexual. I'm only pointing out the other possibility because what I describe is pretty common as people go through the stages of processing their feelings.

I hope this helps!

6. NoPlaceLikeHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you wanna get specific, I'm pretty sure it called Heteroromantic Bisexual, but you could totally just call yourself bi.