1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constantly assuring myself that being bi is okay

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SittinInTheDark, Dec 20, 2016.

1. SittinInTheDark

Right Now: Minneapolis llll Usually: New York City
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are any of you lovely bi kids out there constantly reminding yourself that it's okay to like both? I'm constantly freaking out that I like a boy when I know I like girls, and it makes me question my sexuality. I have to remind myself that that is part of my sexuality and it's okay.

2. happypurpose

i haven't come out yet because of fear but also hella confused as to if im actually bi or just gay and won't admit it.... ive always identified myself as straight with occasional questioning up until someone actually questioned my sexuality. at that moment i realized i was 100% not straight...

sorry that didn't help at all but i too am super confused about my sexuality.
    what was your coming out process as a bi like?

3. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It took me a while to come to terms with the fact that I was bisexual. Whenever i felt attraction to the opposite gender I'd get panicked and wonder if I had been wrong all along about me being bi. Eventually I came to accept my sexuality when I forced myself to recognise that I also liked members of the same gender, as well as the opposite.

I imagine it's normal for bisexual people to have periods of doubt like the the one you're describing. Just give yourself time and don't stress out too much. You'll come to an understanding in due time.

4. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know how it feels like. I'm still not fully accepting of my bisexuality, but something that made things way easier is making sure that I understand that it's possible to like more than one gender. Many non-monosexual people struggle to accept themselves because they can't believe they are capable of feeling attraction towards women, men and maybe even non-binary people at the same time. You need to know that just because you like boys, it doesn't invalidate your feelings for girls. We don't have only homosexual and heterosexual people around.

5. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As I was younger I experienced a bit of that, spending a few nights agonizing about my 'half gayness'. I saw it as some sort of terminal sickness, and I feared the day I would wake up 'completely gay'.

Now fast forward, I dealt with it little by little, just trying to accept myself more and more, and it became a habit, just as the habit of condemn my desires. I grew up on a quite homophobic time and place, so it took twenty years or so... It could have taken less if I had been more open to my 'gay side', but all the relationships I got into were 'hetero', and they stood on my way to self knowledge, and self acceptance, as a bisexual.

Coming out to friends and family gave me also a massive push on the right direction, 'cause they are cool with it. I guess they always knew it somehow...