1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious, and crushing on lesbian co-worker

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by macpm6825, Dec 21, 2016.

1. macpm6825

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey y'all!

I'm in a situation.... I'm a 27 year old female, whose always indentified as straight, but a fierce ally to my GLBTQ friends. I' ve always been able to appreciate a pretty woman, kissed a few girls in my day, while drink, but I have only ever had boyfriends, though I've had little celebrity crushes on women (Samira Wiley, hit me up!) . I was even married to a man, who I have two children with (twin girls :]).... but now...

I started working at a fun retail shop, and when I first went in, I noticed this really cute girl. She gave me the hiring card, and I couldn't keep her smiling face outta my head. My best friend (who just got out of a 5 year relationship with a woman, and is now dating a man), asked me, "whose that lesbian girl that you work with? She's cute!" . Fast forward two weeks and I got the job. I've now had to work with this girl countless times and I get SO giddy and happy when I see we're scheduled together. Now onto "Jane". She has piercings, tattoos, the cutest smile, REALLY short pixie hair (that's always tucked under a hat of some sort ) and she has a cute figure. She's got really pretty green eyes, and is funny and nerdy, and so sweet. She'll always compliment me, joke around, touch my hand, and just to ME sounds flirty. She'll say something about me "standing around and looking pretty", and how I'm adorable and she loves working with me. She took a picture of me "modeling" this silly hat and said "I'm never deleting this, you're too cute." After stalking her FB (which hasn't been active in forever), I found out she "likes" men. But one of my co-workers said something the other day about "Jane" liking nuts and she said "Ohhhhh, that's debatable." She's told me before too how there's things that her friends don't know about her... that she hides something from them. She's beautiful, even without any makeup on. That's what she went to school for, special effects makeup. I saw her in drag, and she's still fine!

So.
    My question is, how do I approach her about this? Especially if she's not "out" fully either?

2. Really

You're both single? Can't you just ask her to do something outside of work? Ask her if you can see some of her makeup work or get coffee one day. I think if you do what you'd do with someone you wanted to be friends with, you'll naturally start to share more personal stuff and things will proceed from there. Won't they? :wink:

3. macpm6825

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Haha that was simple and I swear I didn't think of that!
    I'm just so nervous around her, it's ridiculous. But we can talk about everything. I'll do that Friday when we work together :slight_smile: