1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Worrysome1, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Worrysome1

i keep checking attractions by trying to fantasize about guys to see what happens. Last night I was doing this and trying to get into and I tried to picture me really liking it. I didn't get aroused, I felt really uncomfortable and anxious but in my mind the thought of actually liking it felt weird because I put myself in the situation and pictured myself enjoying it. Does this indicate I have an attraction to guys? In my last thread I went over my history as far as attractions go. To summarize I've always been attracted to girls and still am. Natural fantasies to enjoy are about girls and always have been. Never been into guys, but over the last couple years this obsessive worry has caused a lot of confusion and questioning. Might want to check out my last thread but what does it sound like to you guys?

---------- Post added 22nd Dec 2016 at 11:35 AM ----------

It almost felt real, but made me so uncomfortable and anxious. It was almost like I had shrinkage by the end of thinking about it

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you didn't get aroused, didn't feel any particular desire or realness to the fantasy itself, then there's nothing to indicate you are attracted to people of the same sex.

It does sound like you may have some underlying anxiety or anxiety-spectrum issues going on that would be better addressed with a therapist. The obsessive worry could be indicative of an obsessive/intrusive thought pattern that should be addressed.

3. Worrysome1

It did feel real, I tried to picture it and put myself in the situation as real as possible. I pictured myself enjoying it which weirded me out, but I didn't become aroused

4. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Worrysome1,

I've written for what seems like a similar thread where someone is trying to sort out their sexual orientation. I think there may be fear or shame that could prevent you from experiencing your sexuality. If you like my post is here; I hope it might help.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Again as I said above, if you didn't get aroused, then there's nothing to indicate you're attracted to people of the same sex.

6. Worrysome1

Is it possible that anxiety kept me from being aroused? When I do the same thing with girls I become aroused pretty quickly. In the made up fantasy I created for checking with guys that I stated above like I said I imagined myself liking it but didn't feel horny. I just keep wondering if this is a trait of denial or if it is a trait obsessing and anxiety like chip stated before. There's no doubt about my attraction to women I just can't decide if it's really there with guys

7. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you had any crushes or lingering infatuation with anyone? That can be an indicator.

8. Worrysome1

I mean yeah, with the women of my past and still with women. I've noticed when guys look good but I don't think I'd classify it as a crush or lingering infatuation. I've never felt that pull towards a guy.

9. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You may have a level of minor attraction to men that's common but not a major force in your relationships.

Do you ever get nervous or self-conscious around attractive men?

I'm 44 and I still get crushes! Reliably only with men. I only stammer or get nervous with men.

Patrick

10. Worrysome1

I don't think so really. I get in my head about deciding if I'm attracted to them and keep trying to check to come to a decision, but that's about it really. I don't feel a drive to be around them or want to talk to them. It's not a feeling that makes me feel good like a crush would be. I don't think I'm or have been suppressing anything or have I without me knowing it my whole life?

---------- Post added 23rd Dec 2016 at 01:09 PM ----------

The usual process of deciding is later on trying to fantasize to see if I like it not because I wanna get horny and masterbate. I always end up coming to the conclusion that I'm not attracted in that way then it'll start over and it'll all happen all over again. With girls I do it because it's nice to think about and puts me in "the mood"