1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Figuring it out all over again

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Connorcode, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Basically, I used to think I was gay but now that I'may more sociable and mixing with new people I'm not so sure.

Within the last year, I've gotten to know lots of new people, many who are LGBT+, and have started dating. This is what's made it confusing for me: I've been attracted to trans-guys and masculine non-binary/agender people and have been really happy dating them.

Am I gay? I don't know what to call it. Thanks in advance.

2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me personally, being attracted to agender/ non-binary people is part of the reason that I identify as pansexual-- but I am also attracted to women (although to a lesser degree), so I'm a bit of a different case. The truth of the matter is that labels don't always fit. Whatever you feel works for you is fine.

3. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like you just like masculinity and the genitals or how someone identifys does not really matter to you. You don't need to label yourself, but pansexual would fit. For me as far as my sexual attractions go I am pansexual but I label myself gay because I really only see myself in a relationship with a man.

4. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Thanks guys, clearly I've still got a way to go before I fully understand my sexuality.

And yeah, Confusedmoose, I'm a bit attracted to women (though they have to be fairly androgynous and a bit male-presenting, if that makes sense?).

5. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well then maybe the pansexual label would be a good fit. It took me a long time before I felt comfortable with that label, but it feels like a good fit now :slight_smile:

6. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trans men are men, so you'd still be gay there. As for non binary people, it depends. Some straight/gay people can make exceptions for them.

7. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

My friend (finally) replied to me and suggested androsexual but idk, I thought that was for non-binary and agender people...?

8. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

So maybe pan but with a strong leaning towards guys?

9. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well that makes sense to me