1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi or lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Shep689, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Shep689

Okay so my question is am I Bisexual or am I in transition to being a lesbian? First off I am a female in the early 20's. I have dated both men and women before and the attraction as well as the mental and emotional connection are equal for both genders. I am comfortable with either one and have no problem committing to either. But recently things have changed and I see that I'm starting to lean more towards women now. I am more in tune with women and lately that's the main gender that gets me aroused. Not to say that I don't notice men at all anymore, but my attraction for them have slowly started to diminish over time. Guys that once turned me on, do nothing for me now and it hard for me to even picture myself with a man long term now. Is it really possible for me to just lose all feeling for men like that, or am I just going through a phase?
    If anyone has any comments about this or maybe if this has happened to you, I would greatly appreciate your feedback. I hate dealing with labels and I would rather not classify myself, but I do want a clear understanding of who I am. If I know for sure what I'm going through, then I will be a lot more clear as to where I fall on the spectrum. Thank you in advance and I hope to hear from someone soon.

2. lesbian188

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    you're most likely a lesbian. either that or homoflexible, where you're more attracted to the same gender than the opposite gender.

3. nikanoo5

Hi! I feel like I am in a similar situation as you. I'm not an expert on sexuality, and I have had less experience than you but this is just my opinion. I think it is quite unlikely that if someone is attracted to a certain gender at one point in their lives, it will completely diminish. So it is probably unlikely I think that you have gone from liking both men and women equally to 100% lesbian. As sexuality exists on a spectrum as you may have heard, and since you have felt turned on and emotionally connected to both sexes, I'm pretty sure this would put you around the middle and you could call yourself 'bisexual'. However no one else can label you of course!

I think with bisexuality, sometimes for some people their attractions can be fluid! So maybe you were 50/50 men/women in the past, and now you're more 70/30 to women or even 80/20.

I have experienced this and have wondered for so many months whether I am a lesbian or bisexual, and unfortunately I've had little experience so it's slightly frustrating!! I have always felt attracted to men and have acknowledged an attraction to women also, but sometimes I feel I may be more attracted to women after all because things sometimes feel... easier with them? And I find myself getting turned on easier by them too. Sometimes I feel like my attraction to men must have been false or even non-existent anymore, which I'm still figuring out... Everyone's story is different but I know entirely where you're coming from :slight_smile:

It will be okay, sometimes attractions can shift, I know a couple of people who have experienced it also!! Just so long as you're happy it's okay.

---------- Post added 25th Dec 2016 at 11:20 PM ----------

Of course, maybe one day you could find the label 'lesbian' suits you and that's perfectly fine. Sometimes things do change, it's just what makes you happiest. I tend not to get too harsh with issues like sexuality, because it's such a complicated topic.
    Best of luck! xxx

---------- Post added 25th Dec 2016 at 11:20 PM ----------

By 'harsh' I mean like it's set in stone because it's very complex. Sorry I'm very tired.

4. Shep689

Thanks for that, I had never heard of that term before but I'm going to look into that!

---------- Post added 25th Dec 2016 at 11:31 PM ----------

Wow that's amazing. I am so glad to know that I'm not alone in this. It' so hard trying to indentify who you are without it becoming too much. But I will definitely take your advice and make sure it doesn't stress me out. Who knows, maybe you're right and I could be lesbian but I'm not sure. I guess only time will tell. Thank you though for responding and I will take everything you said into consideration.