1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panromantic asexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Spacepancake, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Spacepancake

Spacepancake Guest

im new here. but im a panromantic asexual and would like to talk with others who are the same and hope i can find the answers to some questions i still have. i wont lie it also took me a good 15 minutes to find out where to post. :eusa_doh: so it would be nice to chat with others on this site and hopefully make new friends. thank you and have a nice day. :wave:

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello. I'm "gray ace", but only attracted to women. You can ask me any questions you want and hopefully we can get to know each other better.

3. Spacepancake

Spacepancake Guest

its wonderful to meet you. i want to ask something. is it normal for an asexual to occasionally feel a physical(?) attraction to others? i dont fully understand much about it but i use the term asexual since im not fully sure where i fall in that category. (sorry for the slight rambling?)

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How would you define you physical attraction to people? Would you like to sleep with them?
    If not, It's normal I think. I think everyone can find others good looking (straight women sometimes comment that women are sexy, but do not want to sleep with them for example).

5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

The use of the term asexual is used to describe a person that doesn't feel sexual attraction. Technically, if you feel sexual attraction to others, even if your sexual drive is low, you aren't asexual by definition.

Of course, anyone is free to choose any label they want. But, considering the scientific research we have, you wouldn't be classified as asexual if you feel sexual attraction, even if it is uncommon.

But, anyway, if you are too confused about labels, don't worry about them. Also, remember that there are many labels that don't have any scientific support, and they may confuse more than help.

In the end, you are who you are, and you don't need a single word that describes with 100% precision your orientation. If you find a label that works for you, then great! But don't feel pressured to find it, take your time. :slight_smile:

Anyway, we are here to help. Feel free to interact with the community and ask any questions you might have! :thumbsup:

6. Spacepancake

Spacepancake Guest

well i only feel that way if i have a high amount of trust and since im i guess with someone? it confuses me. my physical attraction to them would just me noticing that they stand out more than others? i never see them as a gender only as a person.

---------- Post added 27th Dec 2016 at 05:09 PM ----------

my definition of the term is that i feel no sexual attraction to others but with trust i will be willing to be in a relationship with someone regardless of how they identify themselves. to me love does not mean physical but means trust. (i hope this is understandable?)

7. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does this physical attraction include sexual desires/fantasies? If yes, then what i said before applies.

But, like i said, don't feel pressured to rush to a conclusion/label if you are too confused. The golden advice is: Take a deep breath and take all the time that you need: This is about you and yourself. :slight_smile:

8. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That doesn't sound like sexual attraction to me, just noticing something looks nice, like shoes. So I would't consider it a part of allosexuality.

9. Spacepancake

Spacepancake Guest

no it does not include any sexual desires or fantasies. i see no point in anything sexual. i would only be a relationship in order to have someone i can feel calm with? or just to know that someone cares for me. but like i said, i have no sexual interest with anyone. and to me it wouldnt matter if the person is any gender or orientation.

10. Spacepancake

Spacepancake Guest

to help clarify in a way. i am attracted to anyone in a romantic way not a physical/sexual way and have no interest in physical/sexual things since i personally dont see the point in such things. (this honestly took me a while to word correctly so sorry for any confusion i might have caused)

11. Gamma5

Labels can be helpful, but not everyone can be labelled. A year ago I'd convinced myself I was completely asexual and aromantic but that's changed now ( long story that I won't get into!) so bear in mind your own labels of yourself may change, become clear then unclear etc. and that's all fine and normal. When I was reading your description of having to feel a connection with someone to form a relationship, not being attracted to someone based off looks, I felt that maybe the term Demisexual may help you to clarify what you feel? Basically you can feel romantic attraction to someone but you have to have a solid connection with them first and you don't feel attraction for someone based off looks? Again this may help but if the definition is different that to what you feel bear in mind it's not a race to label yourself:slight_smile:

12. Spacepancake

Spacepancake Guest

ive used the term asexual since i was at one point not long ago thinking i was broken for not wanting a sexual relationship. but when i looked up the definition for demisexuality it did seem to match what i feel about a part of relationships. (though i still would involve myself with anyone regardless of gender/orientation so long as there is trust and it meets all my inner feelings.) so thank you for helping me Gamma5. im still learning about myself but this does seet me on the track that helps me most. :slight_smile: (hopefully this quote message reply is towards the right message)