1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are the numbers?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by noname8387, Jan 2, 2017.

1. noname8387

I've been browsing a lot content on the internet and I found that (mostly) every gay guy wants "a man" but not every gay guy is "a man".

Do you think there are more bottoms than tops?
    More submissive than dominants?
    More effeminate guys than guys attracted to them?

If so do you think it is harder for us the ones on the fem side to find "the right one"? should we settle or lower our expectation?.

I'm not even sure what I'm asking but I wanted to hear other people's opinions.

Is wanting a masc guy but not being one too much to ask?

2. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    LOL, I certainly hope not. In fact, as far as I've heard, more bi guys tend to be more attracted to fem guys and take up a more masculine role as well.

About lowering your standards, definitely yes. Try to bargain for a range of qualities you can't see your man without, like hygiene, respect, him being taller than you (if it's the case) and broaden your dating pool. Looks, after all, pale over time.

I actually think numbers are pretty even - there being someone for each one of us. However, this can vary depending on the area and chance. So if you ask different people from different places they might tell you quite opposing numbers.

3. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure of the statistics. But in my opinion, I think there are more submissive people in general. I'm not sure why, and honestly, I'm a bit disappointed by that. That's just my opinion, though. I could be very wrong about that.

It is definitely not too much to ask, especially since a masculine guy is your preference. If I were you, I wouldn't necessarily lower my standards, since masculine gay guys do exist. Would you be willing to accept a man who is in touch with both his feminine and masculine sides, but is mostly masculine?

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not a gay guy, but I'm very involved with LGBT culture and friendships with gay men. I can agree that there are more exclusive bottoms than exclusive tops. Though many men are versatile.

I don't know about submission and femininity though. Hasn't been my experience, I just notice more bottom men. Though bottoms can be dominant or masculine too (in terms of looks, I see a lot of hairy bear type bottoms).

5. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would agree with Creativemind that there are more exclusive bottoms than exclusive tops but not by a huge margin and the vast majority in my experience are versatile and in my experience most guys kind of expect other guys to be versatile as well--both in that they think they will be and that they want them to be. If someone is getting too caught up in the roles I think they aren't looking for a relationship they are looking for an evening and they are telling you what role they are going to take for the evening.

In my experience most gay guys are basically just guys--basically masculine but perhaps a little less afraid to appear feminine from time to time than are their straight counterparts. Frankly I don't see fear as a particularly masculine quality so I would say that makes them more masculine. There is a fair amount of people who have difficulty with more feminine guys--but I wouldn't let that affect how you went about things--if someone's too insecure to be with you you don't want to be with them anyway. That's how you have to look at it anyway. Dating is a winnowing process and if some people want to winnow themselves out well that's just less you have to sift through to find the one you are looking for.

As far as lowering your standards my vote would be an emphatic NO. Don't be with someone just to be with someone both you and he deserve better than that.

6. Jmiller85

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can only speak for myself on this but I completely disagree with this. In my opinion there are more dominant tops. I'm a submissive bottom myself but not feminine at all other than being a bottom I suppose