1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Showing interest?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Grundy, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Grundy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Kind of a question for the guys, girls may know too. Not really sure.

Is it really that weird for a 20yr old to have to sexual/relationship experience at all or be looking to gain any?

It's apparently a big deal to my male coworkers. I never join in on their "stare at an attractive female customer" moments, nor do I laugh at or get their sexual jokes/references. They asked about my virginity once and then got those that explains it expressions when I told them I haven't lost it.

On the flip side, does a guy not hitting on a girl or showing any reaction to flirting attempts weird them out? Think I might have offended someone with that one time

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmmm....I'm a female here, but I could probably answer you questions.

I don't think It's weird for a 20 year old to have no experience. The thing is, that men have higher pressure to lose virginity at certain ages to stay "desirable" and that really sucks. I think it affects both genders the older you get, though. I'm a 26 year old female virgin (nothing below the waist or even kissing experience) and I get "bullied" for it a lot too. There's a lot of sexual pressure in our society.

For the second question it depends on the situation. She may have been interested and felt rejected.

3. i am just me

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's weird at all. You should only have a relationship or sex if you want to. I'll turn 20 soon myself and like creativemind, I haven't even kissed anyone yet. I couldn't even imagine being in a relationship until about a year ago. Take your own time and don't let your coworkers pressure you into anything.

As for flirting attempts: I guess I can't help you with that much because I am pretty bad at recognizing them myself. But if you were not interested in her anyway, I don't think it's bad that you did not flirt back.

4. Grundy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This part I find disturbing. The ages that seem a common trend. One of my coworkers said he lost his at 14 and others echoed similar responses. I was in middle school at that age and still watched power rangers in the mornings. That is childhood and children should be playing together, not 'exploring each other'. Young awkward sexual exploration is desirable?

Does cis male puberty have a role? Is it's influence that strong? But then again i hear girls can be just as hormonal, so puberty in general?

---------- Post added 7th Jan 2017 at 08:32 AM ----------

I'm not interested in anyone, I can't fathom interacting with someone while trying to enter a relationship right of the bat. Seems like a few steps should happen first and friendship is one of them. But this girl now no longer returns my greetings in the morning and avoids eye contact. I've taken this as I've done something to offend?

(I wanted both quotes in one post? Couldn't quite figure it out)

---------- Post added 7th Jan 2017 at 08:33 AM ----------

(Ah, never mind. That's cool)

5. trojan

I didnt have sex with a girl until I was 23. Also, lots of guys that say they got laid when they were 14 or whatever are full of it.
    Yes, if she flirted with you and you didnt do anything that might have weirded her out and offended her somewhat. I have done this a few times, not done anything, and weirded out and offended the girl.

6. Sawyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Almost 29, and never slept with anyone either (but that's a very complicated story). As a lesbian, I find it extremely hard to find a partner because of that. However, I am optimistic that one day I will find someone who will understand.