1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alterous Attraction

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Najlen, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Najlen

So, I know that the term alterous has problems and that it can cover a wide range of things, but I'm just going to use it for now even though I don't feel like I really need a word for what I'm feeling.

I am ace/ gray- aro. I am currently in a romantic relationship that I am very happy in. But I don't think that I experience romantic attraction with the same intensity as most people. I really love the person I'm with, and it does feel romantic. The feelings are strong but not intense. I don't know if that makes sense or not. Anyway, there's also the thing I am going to call alterous for now. It feels totally separate from romantic and platonic feelings, but it's hard to describe how. The intensity of that kind of feeling is a lot higher.

Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone out there feels something similar and about your experience with it. I would be interested on really anyone's take to be honest. It's confusing because even though I can tell the difference fairly easily, I think it would be difficult to find someone else who felt that way about me, and that kind of relationship is something I really want eventually, either instead of or in addition to a romantic one. Thanks!