1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushes on fictional guys?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by aleshia, Jan 7, 2017.

1. aleshia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that I am lesbian, and that's what I told my friends, but sometimes I have crushes on male fictional characters. I also kinda like the idea of dating guys, but this never seems to translate to real life. Like I might read about or watch on TV a sweet male character and think 'oh I would date him, he's cute' but when I am confronted with the possibility of dating a boy in real life it's completely unappealing to me. I never really feel attracted to boys that are not fictional, also the idea of having sex with them (real or fictional) repulses me. Does this mean I am bi and just haven't met the right guy yet? I'm confused. Help?

2. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think what you told your friends was right, and you said it because you knew inside yourself that it was right. Fictional crushes can come and go for either gender with either preference. Your feelings about real people are much more telling. Of course you might feel that some guy is "sweet" -- he probably is. And you could hug all over him and be his BFF. But not date him.

So just let yourself have those crushes and don't worry that they are turning you around the wrong way. It's just your imagination. In real life you are probably basically gay.

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have crushes on fictional 35 year olds but it doesn't mean I actually am attracted to or want to date people nearly twice my age. Everyone on TV is absurdly good-looking. Having crushes on actors and/or fictional characters often is completely meaningless. If you're not attracted to real life men, you're still gay.

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fictional crushes can go one of two ways in all honesty. Some women who like fictional men but not real life ones are gay since It's not real life. Others are bi, but don't know it because their type of guy is more easily found in the fiction they are watching, which is why real men don't appeal to them.

Personally, if you're confident with your sexuality, I wouldn't over think it.