1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not sure if i'm bi , i really need advice ):

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by jennnselinaaaa, Jan 10, 2017.

1. jennnselinaaaa

ive always known as a girl that i was into guys always. but ve always also known that i find girls attractive too. the thing is i couldn't see myself dating a girl not unless i really had a connection with her but since ive never had a crush on a girl or experienced that i cant see myself dating one. i like security and i guess i need to know what am i? from this description would would you identify me as?

2. Rdougall1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would try dating a girl and see how you feel and how emotionally invested you are in the relationship and then you can compare that to your relationship with a man and see if both satisfy you or one satisfies you more than the other. From what you posted though, it seems like you are bisexual:slight_smile:

3. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree with Rdougall1. Experimentation is one of the best ways to figure out your sexual orientation. As for what I think your orientation is, I'd guess that you were bisexual with a male preference.

4. IceCream

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say that attempting to date a girl you don't have a crush on is unlikely to end well... the interest has to be there to start with. Additionally I think it's kind of unfair on the girl to treat her purely as an experiment, so if you went down that route you'd have to be upfront and say you were still questioning your sexuality. You say you've never had a crush on a girl, but do you find girls attractive? If so I would probably label you bisexual.

Do you mind me asking how old you are? I'm asking because I never had a crush on a guy until I was 16 and in college (that's UK college, not university haha), so I thought I was lesbian up until that point. Crushes kind of come out of nowhere I find.

5. SiKiHe

It is also possible that you are mostly straight but open to the idea of being with girls. There are plenty of women who find girls attractive visually but arn't interested in relationships with women or being physically close to women. I'm going to have to agree with IceCream here, in that you cannot force yourself to figure this out quickly.

I think you should go out with people you like. If you like a boy or have crushes on boys, then ask out or date those boys. If you find you develop a crush on a girl, then consider asking her out. The heart wants what it wants and sometimes trying to label yourself too soon can prevent you from being true to yourself.

As you grow as a person, you will learn many things about yourself and sexuality is one of those things. Don't be in too big of a hurry to figure it out. Take it as it comes, case by case.