1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he like me?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Marion121991, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Marion121991

Hello everyone! I am pretty new to this website. I am a 25 year old male who has just recently come to terms with being gay. This is something that I have been struggling with for awhile. However, that is not the main reason for this thread. Recently, I have found out that I have developed feelings for one of my roommates. I always thought he was cute, but things have been different lately. I thought about the possibilities of us being together or having a family. However, I quickly dismissed this as something that would be impossible. Things changed however. We had a conversation one time which lasted for a few hours. While talking, I got this strange vibe from him. A vibe that he could possibly be gay or bi. There have been other instances of this as well. He gets mad when I don't let him pay for my food. he even went as far as taking my bill away so he could pay it. He gets mad when I don't sit by him at events. We always stay up for hours late at night talking. We do get into fights though. He questioned why the only person he ever gets into a fight with is me. It also seems as though we flirt a lot as well. We are always smiling or picking on each other constantly. I even wrote him a "love letter" telling him how I felt. What surprised me was that he kept the letter In a safe place and he told me it meant a lot to him. My question for you guys is simple; does he like me? Or is this just wishful thinking on my part?

---------- Post added 15th Jan 2017 at 12:21 AM ----------

I would also like to add that he was going to pay for me to go to new York. He was going to remain anonymous. I just feel as though we have great chemistry. And whenever we talk, he is always in close proximity or in my personal space. Sorry if sound like a little school kid. I am just really excited about the possibilities but also wary of the situation.

2. pj sparkles

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there ! This definitely sounds flirty and I got a little excited for you while I was reading it. Seeing as how you already wrote him a love letter and he knows how you feel, maybe he's trying to process the situation? Has he said anything else about it?

3. Marion121991

He hasn't said anything. All I know is that he kept it in pristine condition in a certain location. He also seems to go out of his way to do stuff for me as well.

4. Aceyda

Yas it sounds like he likes you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm going to stereotype this whole thing, but AIN'T NO STRAIGHT DUDE KEEP A LOVE LETTER FROM ANOTHER GUY.

Lean in for the kiss and let the magic happen.

Sincerely,
    Virgin Teenager you shouldn't take any advice from.

6. Marion121991

Thanks Virgin Teenager that I shouldn't take any advice from! I'm not good with making any moves but I will try. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to tell him I like him? I'm pretty new at this.

7. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think andimon is right, a straight guy probably wouldn't keep a love letter from another guy.

I don't think you need to tell you that you like him. Didn't your love letter pretty much tell him that already? You need to ask him how he feels about you. I would remind him about your letter, reinforce that you still like him, and then ask him how he feels about you.

Please do be prepared for him to tell you that he doesn't return your feelings, though. While he could just be shy or not sure how to take things to another level with you, it's also possible that he likes you as a friend but not more.

I hope it works out for you.

Take care. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: