1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi or gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sid Mccoy, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Sid Mccoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I've been considering myself bi, I've had been with 2 women and 2 men previously. Then I wasn't with anyone for 11 years due to circumstances, now I'm with my 3rd woman and I can't seem to stay aroused with her. I had told her I was bi. But know I'm not so sure. Can a gay man get semi aroused by a woman? Do I just need more experience? I've also noticed and so has she that I've only ever mentioned another guy as being cute or anything. I haven't really noticed women like that recently. Can a person's sexuality change over time? Help I'm really confused.

2. MewDew

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People's sexualities can and do change over time. For example, until fifth grade I had never felt an attraction to another girl. Then I started getting crushes on girls more frequently and called myself bisexual. You could be bisexual with a male preference, or you could be gay but able to appreciate the attractiveness of women. If you have any friends or family that you can trust with this topic, tell them about why you're confused. Also, remember that it takes time to figure these things out. Try to be patient and good luck!

3. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sid,

I think it's hard to sort out your orientation when it may be different than what you were raised to find "acceptable", or when it seems to go against society's norms. I know this from my own experience.

I've written on the process of questioning sexuality in a blog post. It's only my perspective; I hope this might be of help.

*warm hugs*

Patrick

4. Sid Mccoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Patrick I read your blog and I cried. The fear is a very real aspect of my life. I've told three people that I know about my sexuality, or at least what I've been thinking it is, one took it as an invite to make unwanted advances, one swore he wouldn't treat me any different then before but did, the last person I told is the woman I've been seeing and she has said and I quote " I think you need a man". My parents and brother have made anti gay comments in my presence so telling them seems out of the question. I apologise for rambling bottom line thank you.